Build a WordPress plugin instead of using theme's functions
What you'll learn
- 1. The primary objective of this course is to build a plugin to add your custom codes so that you do not have to use the theme’s functions. PHP file
- 2. Using your own custom plugin (instead theme's function .php file) means no codes will be deleted on the theme update
- 3. This also might be the first step to creating a plugin and understanding how it is built from scratch.
- 4. You can easily add in more custom codes using the Plugin Editor as you'd add to theme's functions
- A wordPress Website, cPanel or FTP access
If you are using WordPress then you must be using custom codes on the theme’s functions to enhance the site’s functionality. But has there been a situation when you or your client updates the theme and that all codes are gone? Well to avoid this, we can build our own custom plugins and use them instead of fucntions.php.
Using custom plugins instead of functions.php will avoid losing your codes on any updates or whatsoever. You will also not have to set up a child theme. Additionally, you can organize codes on the plugin and also hide them if required.
Like you would add the codes to functions.php using the Theme Editor, you can do so by using the plugin editor too. This is very easy and most importantly there’s no need to create a child theme or have any fear of losing the codes if anything is updated. Additionally, you can take this plugin and use it on any other sites requiring similar functionality.
The tutorial is short and to the point, and with precise explanations. Please feel free to get back to me for any confusion.
I really hope you will learn something valuable out of this course and protect your WordPress website.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners, Intermediates & Freelancers basically everyone willing to learn about WordPress
I am a WordPress Developer, Graphic Designer and a Social Media Marketing Expert with more than 8 years of experiences in Designing & Marketing.
I have been working as a WordPress Developer for more than 5 years now. I have worked for both back-end and front –end development including WordPress themes and plugins. I do themes customization, designs and many more.
I have been freelancing at various online websites with a very high review ratings; please feel free to check my profile on :