Build a Crypto Currency Portfolio App With Python
What you'll learn
- Build a Cool Crypto Currency Portfolio App
- Connect To A Web API Using Python
- Build Basic GUI Apps With TKinter
- Make Pie Charts With MatPlotLib
- Build Python Apps That Run In The Terminal
- Build Python Apps That Have Graphical User Interfaces
- Check Crypto Currency Prices Programatically With Python
- Get Historic Crypto Currency Data With Python
- Beginner Level Python Knowledge Is a Plus
- An Understanding of Python Lists and Dictionaries Would Be Useful
- You'll Need A Copy of Python Installed On Your Computer To Follow Along (It's Free)
- You'll Need A Coding Text Editor Like Sublime or Notepad++ (Both Free)
In this course we'll be using Python 3 to build a couple of different Crypto Currency portfolio apps that pull information from the CoinMarketCap .com free API and display them in a graphical user interface app.
This course is great for people who want to expand their Python skillset, as well as people interested in crypto currencies and crypto currency trading.
Your finished app will be able to track current prices of any crypto currency that you specify, giving you price data as well as other related data.
Do You Need To Know Python To Take This Course?
Strictly speaking, no. But I highly recommend that you understand the basics of the Python programming language before taking this course.
What Will We Learn In This Course?
- How To Connect To A Third Party API
- How to loop through JSON data retrieved from an API
- Cool Python List and Python Dictionary wizardry
- How to create basic pie charts with MatPlotLib
- How To Develop a Basic GUI (Graphical User Interface) using TKinter
- And Much More!
This intermediate Python course is a great way to pick up a few new skills, and it should be a lot of fun.
My name is John Elder, and I hope to see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Who Wants To Improve Their Python Skills
- Anyone Interested in Building Python Apps
- Anyone Interested in Crypto Currencies or Trading
- Anyone Interested in TKinter
John Elder is a pioneer in Web Development who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries.
Today he teaches Web Development courses at Codemy the online code school he founded.
John graduated with honors with a degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an ArtSci Scholar.