How to Build a Profitable Ecommerce Drop-Shipping Business
What you'll learn
- Create and operate an online store that makes $60K in profit annually
- Drive traffic to their website using search engine optimization and social media strategies
- Create followings of thousands of people on social media sites like Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, and Facebook
- Understand how to use Google Analytics
- Use internet marketing tools to continue building traffic and increase sales
- Write content (product pages and articles) that the search engines love
- You will need to be at least a decent writer, since you will be writing product descriptions and articles that you will use for content marketing.
- You should know how to get around on a computer, including typing, using the internet, and using a spreadsheet and word processor.
This course shows you how to build your own online store with the objective of making at least $60K in profit annually. For many people, this store can replace your current income. It can provide flexibility in your schedule and freedom from the gridlock and other problems that most people face when they are working regular 9-5 types of jobs.
This course takes a hands-on approach. It is expected that you will follow along and complete the assignments that are given to you so that you can see your store come to life. It is expected that by the time you finish the assignments in this course, you will have a store that is on its way to netting you an income of $60K.
I will use a few examples of stores I'm currently building (Custom Vinyl Decor and Online Safety Depot) from the ground up so that you can see the progress I'm making and motivate yourself to follow the formula.
Here are some of the topics you will learn about as you build your $60K store:
- How to set up a business entity
- Determining what products to sell
- Setting up dealer accounts
- Setting up hosting for your website
- Setting up a shopping cart system
- Getting a merchant account
- Publishing products on your store
- Driving traffic to your store through search engine optimization (SEO) and social media
- Fulfilling orders for your customers
This course is made up of instructions and assignments that make use of those instructions.
In order to succeed in this course, you'll need a strong desire to learn. It also is useful to know a few things about some of the following topics, but they're not absolutely necessary. If you don't already know these things, I'll provide you with the resources to learn what you need to know:
- Getting around on a computer and on the internet
- Social media: Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, etc.
- Link building
- Web design
Some of these things can also be outsourced, and I'll show you how to do that as well.
Good luck on the course.
Who this course is for:
- During this course, you will be creating your own online store. By the time you are finished with the course, you should be well on your way to having a store that makes at least $60K in profit. This course is for people who know how to use a computer, including browsers and word processors, but you don't need to be an expert at SEO, social media marketing, HTML, or the other things I am going to teach during the course. You should be able to write, be willing to learn to write well, or be willing to hire out the writing part of this course, as writing will be a significant portion of what you will be doing.
- This course is intended for people who are serious about learning by doing. It will also take some serious work to make this course valuable for yourself. If you are looking for something that is get-rich-quick and that doesn't require much learning and participation, this course is not for you. If, on the other hand, you are interested in working hard and reaping the rewards of your efforts, by all means join us.
I have been building and selling internet businesses since 1999, including stores that sell outdoor gear, sporting goods, children's clothing, medical products, and general clothing. I've created a repeatable model for building ecommerce stores that sell niche products.
Over the years, I've also taught several live classes on how to create an income by selling products, especially ones that are drop-shipped from a supplier, on a website.