Build 6 iOS Games with Swift and Xcode
- A Mac computer (Xcode is only compatible on Mac or a Mac Virtual Machine)
- Xcode 8 (Free)
- Swift coding experience is helpful
Learn to build 6 games for iPhone in Swift 3 with SpriteKit! Learn to build effective cash earning games by learning the secrets of development. Take your skills to a whole new level.
You will build this app from scratch! You don't have to have any prior experience in game development.
The course is structured so that it begins slowly, and with each lecture, you will understand more and more fundamentals about developing games with SpriteKit.
This course is project based so you will not be learning a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course you will have real world apps to use in your portfolio. We feel that project based training content is the best way to get from A to B. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
Five of the top ten highest grossing apps on the iOS App Store are games. If you ever had an idea for an amazing game and needed a clear, step-by-step course from a friendly teacher, this course is for you.
One of the best features is that you can watch the courses at any speed you want. This means you can speed up the or slow down the video if you want to.
You can use the projects you build in this course to add to your LinkedIn profile. Give your portfolio fuel to take your career to the next level.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump in a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math and learning how to code will propel you forward for any situation. Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
- Complete Beginners
- Anyone Who Wants To Learn iOS Game Development Using SpriteKit
- Game 1 PREVIEW!01:40
- Setting up the game06:09
- Setting up the game objects10:40
- Setting up the controls07:47
- Setting up the falling block logic05:29
- Keeping the player in position04:14
- Adding in the physics logic11:18
- Resetting the game04:53
- Game 2 PREVIEW!01:05
- Getting the game started05:57
- Setting up the squares09:39
- Randomizing the squares02:59
- Adding in animation04:37
- Adding in the correct touched node logic05:04
- Resetting the game07:20
- Final thoughts01:35
- Game 3 PREVIEW!01:01
- Starting the Game08:55
- Setting up the game objects09:12
- Printing colors part 104:15
- Printing colors part 205:47
- Setting up the game over logic05:47
- Setting up the timer and the game logic05:53
- Game 4 PREVIEW!02:09
- Starting the game10:51
- Setting up the timers in the game10:55
- Setting up the animation04:53
- Changing the color of the blocks04:39
- Resetting the game05:18
- Finalizing the code01:59
- Making the art in Photoshop07:00
- Exporting images and adding them to the project04:07
- Game 5 PREVIEW!01:28
- Game 5 PREVIEW! Part 205:32
- Setting up the game objects06:56
- Setting up the first timer05:56
- Adding in the other timers09:33
- Testing the app and setting up placing logic06:26
- Adding in a random touch location04:16
- Changing the block color02:33
- Adding the collecting node logic04:40
- Adding in game over logic06:44
- Making Tech circles06:19
- Exporting the colors05:04
- Adding in rotation to the game01:59
- Game 6 PREVIEW!01:08
- Starting the Game04:53
- Spawning the block and the labels06:09
- Adding in count down timer03:21
- Adding and removing the blocks04:15
- Adding in the game over logic10:14
We make over-the-shoulder tutorials that any beginner from no experience can understand, or as a professional you can use to brush up your skills. We value creating accessible courses with simple but effective project-based learning. We have a wide variety of technology-based courses from database to app development to Unity-based video games.