Brushstroke Masterclass: Learn 40+ Easy Painting Techniques
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 44 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to Use Just 4 Brushes and 4 Tools to Master Over 40 Acrylic Painting Techniques
- How to Prepare Yourself Mentally and Physically to Paint
- Ideas and Strategies to Set Up your Art Area Like a Pro
- How to Use Acrylic Paint, Clean a Brush Properly and Utilize Correct Hand Pressure
- How to Use a One Inch Square Flat Brush to Accomplish 6 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a 1/2 Inch Square Flat Brush to Accomplish 8 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a #8 Round Brush to Accomplish 8 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a #4 Round Brush to Accomplish 9 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a Sponge Tool to Accomplish 4 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a Toothbrush to Accomplish 3 Individual Techniques
- How to Use a Palette Knife to Accomplish 1 Individual Technique
- How to Use your Fingertip to Accomplish 1 Individual Technique
- How to Use the Wooden End of the Brush to Accomplish 4 Individual Techniques
- NO painting experience necessary
- You will need the minimal amount of painting materials listed in the materials section
What is the Brushstroke Masterclass course about?
In this Brushstroke Masterclass course for inquisitive painters, you will be thoughtfully taken step-by-step through 40+ acrylic painting techniques, using only 4 brushes and 4 tools. Beginners will love this course, as it provides them with the visual and verbal support to learn many techniques in a short period of time. We will be utilizing a realistic and efficient set of materials throughout the course. Even intermediate painters can find value in this course, as it teaches how to use these specific brushes and tools to their maximum potential.
The curriculum is jam-packed and covers every single technique I teach in my in-person acrylic painting classes.
An abbreviated list of techniques in this course: wet-on-wet blending, drybrush, pointillism, writing, scrollwork, various trees, basketweave, clouds, roses, grass, moss, leaves, various flowers, fur, feathers, woodgrain and finger blending.
Who is this course for?
This course is for painters looking to gain brushstroke skills and techniques quickly and efficiently.
The skill level is beginner to intermediate.
A student does not need any prior painting experience to take this course.
How is the course set up?
The curriculum videos and sections are separated by brush or tool, and is planned out to be as user friendly as possible. We go over easy ways to fix mistakes and learn important hand pressure techniques. The teaching style is direct, relaxed, thorough and optimistic. The course not only teaches techniques, but also teaches positive ways to think about art making and touches on realistic expectations and outcomes for beginner painters.
I offer supportive printable resources, links and helpful informational slides before each technique video.
At the end of almost every technique video, you will see an example of a painting that I teach to my students, giving you a chance to recreate the painting using your newly gained skills.
What are the advantages of taking this course?
After taking this course, you will be able to recognize when these techniques are used in other paintings, and have the ability to replicate them as needed. You will learn everything from background techniques to detail techniques, meaning that at the end of the course, you will be able to stack these techniques together to build unique and personalized paintings of your own.
- Beginner painters looking to gain technique practice to create many different themes and styles of acrylic painting.
- Painters looking to use a small brush and tool set to create many types of paintings.
- Painters wanting to learn how to use the featured brushes to their maximum ability.