Brush Pen Modern Calligraphy
What you'll learn
- Write Beautiful Modern Calligraphy
- How to create thick and thin strokes
- How to properly construct letterforms
- The importance of consistency in writing calligraphy
- Tips for adding flourishes to your writing with endless possibility
- Knowing how to continue improving your calligraphy beyond this class
- Be able to print out the worksheet
- A regular size brush pen with flexible tip
- No prior knowledge or artistic skills required
Whether your handwriting is wedding invitation-worthy or it looks like some encrypted coding, I believe you can learn to write beautiful modern calligraphy with the right method.
In this class, I will take you step-by-step on how to build lovely letterforms so you can write calligraphy with confidence. I will also show you tips on how to add flourishes to your calligraphy and advance techniques for bettering your handwriting so you can keep on improving beyond these lectures.
The hefty worksheet package includes:
1 practice page of basic strokes practice
5 practice pages of lowercase letters
3 practice pages of uppercase letters
A flourish guide
A model sheet with suggested project ideas
A blank guide sheet
A Typography terminology diagram
Plus a resource page
This is a comprehensive modern calligraphy class for anyone who can hold a pen!
You can download the course worksheet by clicking on "Section 1: Introduction and preparation", then you will see the "Resources" tab right next to the 1st video.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning calligraphy and hand-lettering
- Anyone interested in creating word art
- Anyone who'd like to create beautiful signs for wedding, party, and events
Hello, I'm Vivian.
I am a graphic designer and hand-lettering artist based in New York.
I have been working as a graphic designer for more than a decade. I started practice calligraphy as a way to balance my digital-heavy work life, and I truly believe there is something magically calming in the art of writing with pen on paper.
I believe we all have something to share with and learn from each other. I hope in sharing my knowledge and experience we will all benefit and learn along the way!
Follow me on Instagram @PurpleMartinLettering for calligraphy and hand-lettering encouragements!