Brother Scan N Cut - Cut, Draw and Scan With Confidence
- 14.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of this course you will be fully conversant with all of the functions and features of the Brother Scan N Cut CM or DX machine along with it's accessories and its supporting software, Canvas Workspace.
- You should be a Brother Scan N Cut owner. Both CM and DX versions of the Scan N Cut machine are covered in this course.
- Some lectures will require you to have access to a PC or laptop and to the internet in order for you to upload and download relevant files.
- Some lectures will require a basic understanding of working with files on a PC or laptop, for example; finding, saving, moving and opening files and folders.
- Some lectures will require the addition of optional Brother Scan N Cut accessories. These lectures can be skipped until you are ready to proceed with them.
- Some lectures will require the addition of optional third party accessories or software. These lectures can be skipped until you are ready to proceed with them.
- Some lectures will require access to Canvas Workspace, the companion software for the Brother Scan N Cut. Guidance on where to find and how to operate this is given within the course lectures.
- This course is presented in English. Therefore an understanding of the English language will be required to follow the course lectures.
- NOTE!: This course DOES NOT cover the Design N Cut models from Brother.
Are you a Brother Scan N Cut CM or DX machine owner but don't feel that you are getting the most out of your machine or are you afraid to get it of the box as you feel that you lack the confidence or the knowledge to use it? Then, this course is for you!
My name is John Bloodworth and I have been active in the arts and crafts industry for over 30 years. Most notably, and most relevant to this course, I have been demonstrating the Brother Scan N Cut machines in the UK since their launch in 2013.
Now, I am looking forward to guiding you through your learning journey to creative confidence with your Brother Scan N Cut machine.
When creating this course, I outlined some key objectives that I wanted students to go away with after they had completed the course.
These were that, by the end of this series of lectures, students will be able to confidently:
Operate their Brother Scan N Cut machine, specifically its three core output features which are, cutting, drawing and scanning.
Use both versions of the companion software, Canvas Workspace.
Create with the optional premium accessory packs.
Use a range of different substrates with your machine, including fabric.
Identify and assess other third-party software and accessories to further expand their creative skillset and toolbox.
Your goals may focus on one particular aspect of that list and that's Ok! Remember, there is no pressure from me for you to finish this course in any particular order or as quickly as possible. Simply start when you are ready, take it in your own time and learn what you need, when you need to.
Prepared in easy to follow bite-sized chunks this course will take you from the very beginning, on through the three main functions of the Brother Scan N Cut - cutting, drawing and scanning - and give you the confidence to get creative and do more with your machine.
No previous experience required! You can be a total beginner with your machine freshly delivered and you will still be able to follow along.
Not only that, but you can also watch anytime, anywhere! Watch and re-watch again and again - you have lifetime access to this course and if it gets updated, you will have access to the new version at no extra cost!
Ready to get confident...?
- Any Brother Scan N Cut CM or DX owner, new or existing, that wants to become confident and knowledgeable in all features and functions of the machine.
- Any Brother Scan N Cut CM or DX owner, new or existing, that wants to become confident and knowledgeable in all features and functions of the and of the complimentary design suite, Scan N Cut Canvas.
- Any Brother Scan N Cut CM or DX owner, new or existing, that wants to become confident and knowledgeable in all features and functions of the range of accessories available for the Brother Scan N Cut
In this video we will establish what we are aiming to achieve in this section.
Let's take a look around the machine and get familiar with all of the areas that we will be interacting with.
If this is the first time you have used your machine, it is likely that it will need updating. Here is how to do that using a USB stick.
In this section, you will learn how to locate and load patterns from various different sources.
An overview of what we hope to achieve in this section.
In this video we will take a look at what we hope to achieve in this section.