Introduction to Filmmaking: How to Make Great Videos
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to comfortably operate your camera
- You will understand the different types of camera movement and tools available to you to create the best shots
- You will understand the importance of controlling focus
- Effectively use lighting
- Use different microphones to effectively capture clean audio and understand when/why you would use a specific type of microphone
- No previous skills required. This course is perfect for people getting into the world of video creation.
Regardless of whether you're creating a new YouTube channel, creating promotional videos for your company or just trying to create cool videos for TikTok, there are a few important lessons you need to know in order to make your videos look and sound amazing. After all, video is everywhere now. Video marketing is one of the most powerful tools in this digital age and if you get it wrong, it can affect your reputation and your brand.
Never made a video before? Never picked up a camera? That's not a problem. This course will walk you through everything you need to know to get started. The class will start off by explaining what the numbers on your camera mean, what camera settings to use and what camera settings to avoid, how to focus your lens, shot sizes and angles, composition & framing, camera movement, lighting and sound.
The techniques featured in this course are not specific to one type of camera, these skills can be applied to virtually any camera. So that means that your digital SLR camera, your mirrorless camera, point and shoot camera, even your iPhone is capable of shooting great looking videos.
So let's just into the course and learn how to create better videos.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at people looking to seriously improve their video skills. Whether that's for your new YouTube channel or to create compelling video adverts for your company, this course will teach your the fundamentals of making great videos.
Hi, I'm Chris. I’m a filmmaker and photographer from England. I graduated from London South Bank University with a first-class honors degree in 2015 and have since created hundreds of music videos, corporate films, and commercials with many established companies, record labels, and artists.
In 2018, I turned the camera on myself and launched the Brooker Films YouTube channel. With 850 uploads and 85,000+ subscribers, I focus on sharing educational content to help others create compelling video content. I wanted to take that a step further though, so here we are.