British English pronunciation
What you'll learn
- You will draw knowledge from over 25 years of coaching academics at educational institutions such as the University of Cambridge, the London School of Economics & Imperial College London by Stewart Theobald, a trained actor and professional voice coach. You will learn the pronunciation of British English in detail - From monothong, diphthong & triphthong vowels to consonants, stress, rhythm and inflection of received pronunciation.
- Discover why native English speakers sound the way they do and how to copy them
- Understand how and why you sound the way you do
- Learn how to speak every single vowel and consonant of spoken British English
- Understand the way native speakers use, pause, stress, rhythm and inflection
- Practice exercises for training the organs of speech
- Discover how simple regular exercises can transform your pronunciation for ever
- Have a desire to speak British English clearly and with ease
In this course, you will have access to 60+ videos and audio files detailing the consonants, vowels, stress, rhythm & inflection that makes up the core of British English. For over 25 years, I have taught academics from the University of Cambridge, London School of Economics & the Imperial College London and now I am sharing my knowledge with face-to-face videos that will break down the very centre of the English language - From the way your mouth moves to the correct use of stress in a sentence, this course will give you every tool you need to become an effective communicator in spoken English.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to speak with the accent of a native British English speaker
Stewart has a varied background. He trained as an actor (Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts), graduating in 1982, worked in sales as an account manager for BT, retrained as a voice coach (Guildhall School of Music and Drama), became the Head of Voice at East E15 acting school and set up Talking Shop Training Ltd in 1992. He went on to become a practitioner of NLP (NLP Life training), a qualified Hypnotherapist (Atkinson Ball College) and is an accredited Myndflex® coach. He has worked for international organisations, educational bodies and individuals from the public and private sector. He has helped Barristers, Broadcasters, Business people, Politicians and University lecturers engage their audience and deliver their message with confidence and clarity.