Bridging the Gap: Change Management Foundation Course
What you'll learn
- 1. Explain what change and change management are and their importance.
- 2. Develop your change vision and sponsorship using ElKattan’s Model to lead a successful change initiative.
- 3. Assess current state from the workstreams’ perspectives: Stakeholder management, Culture management, Organizational alignment, and Communication management.
- 4. Strategize your change initiative from the four workstreams’ perspectives.
- 5. Identify the tactical activity to achieve the change goals.
- 6. Communicate your change initiative with all the stakeholders to get them aware and engaged.
- 7. Estimate the budget and appraise your change initiative.
- 8. Develop your benefit measurement plan as well as the change management plan.
This course is your gateway to the change management world. It gives you the foundational knowledge, skills, and tools you need to drive a successful change initiative based on our change management model developed by Dr. Ali ElKattan and published in his change management guide: BRIDGING THE GAP: between strategy development and strategy execution.
The instructor-led delivery of the course is accredited by the Association of Change Management Professional (ACMP™), and enables the learner to apply for the Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP™) which is a globally recognized credential established by the ACMP®.
The course is designed to strengthen your ability and give you the know-how to lead organizational change using ElKattan’s 5-Theme Model through a combination of videos, reading materials, quizzes, self-reflection, and skill practice assignments.
Taking this course qualifies you to apply for our ElKattan Change Management Foundation Certification through ElKattan Consulting website.
You will also be provided with useful templates that you can start using right away to lead your organizational change initiatives.
Upon practicing the learning outcomes, the following benefits can be realized:
1. Improve your organization’s performance and help achieve the strategic initiatives and objectives.
2. Realize how our change management fills the gap between strategy development and strategy execution.
3. Lead effectively and efficiently new strategic change initiates.
4. Reshape your organizational culture to achieve your strategy and realize your organizational vision..
Throughout this course you will learn how to:
1. Explain what change and change management are and their importance..
2. Develop your change vision and sponsorship using ElKattan’s Model to lead a successful change initiative.
3. Assess the current state from the four workstreams’ perspectives: Stakeholder management, Culture management, Organizational alignment, and Communication management.
4. Strategize your change initiative from the four workstreams’ perspectives.
5. Identify the tactical activity to achieve the change goals.
6. Communicate your change initiative with all the stakeholders to get them aware and engaged.
7. Estimate the budget and appraise your change initiative
8. Develop your benefit measurement plan as well as the change management plan
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in understanding what is change and change management
- Members of the change team in any organization
- Senior managers
- Change leaders
- Project managers
- Management consultants
- Organizational development managers
- Management Instructors
The instructor (Ali ElKattan) has been as international CEO and management consultant for a wide range of commercial enterprises, industry exposure and expertise include: telecommunications, manufacturing, IT services, software development, system integration, animation, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, healthcare, agriculture, translation and localization, real estate, government, and non-profits.
He served as the Director of Graduate Studies and Assistant Professor at Nile University in Cairo, Egypt, from which he obtained his MBA in coordination with IESE Business School, followed by a Doctorate Degree in Business Administration from Swiss Management Center University. ElKattan teaches change management, culture management, strategic management, project management, and operations management.
He currently serves as the managing partner of ElKattan Consulting, which is a UK-based firm established by Dr. Ali ElKattan and partners. The company is specialized in Change Management, Culture Management consultation including capacity building and training. Services are provided globally with focus on the Middle East region.
He is the author of the paper: The Five Themes of Change Management and the change management book Bridging the Gap between strategy developing and strategy execution.
He participated in the global cultural project in collaboration with MediaCom and Hofstede Insight in 2016 to assess the national cultural dimensions all over the world. The purpose of the project was to find the most relevant cultural map that explains the world today.