Breathing Exercises for Pregnancy
What you'll learn
- Learn a range of different prenatal breathing techniques
- Connect to your body and bond with your baby
- Take some valuable Me Time
- Enjoy some moments of calm
- This course uses gender neutral language, referring to prenatal people
- No previous yoga or meditation experience necessary.
- Please consult a doctor before taking part in physical exercise during pregnancy.
Yoga and breathwork can be a wonderful way to connect to your breath, your baby and your body during pregnancy. This course is guided by yoga instructor Alice Rawsthorne, who is qualified in prenatal and postnatal yoga (certified by MOGA, a Yoga Alliance approved teacher training school specialising in pre & postnatal yoga). The focus of all of these classes is to increase mental and physical wellbeing, to support your body and mind throughout pregnancy.
The language used in this course in gender neutral, so it is suitable for all prenatal people.
This course is for you if you're looking to...
- connect to your body and bond with your baby
- take some valuable Me Time
- learn breathing techniques to support you in pregnancy
- find some inner strength and resilience
- enjoy some moments of calm
What's included in this course?
The course includes:
- An introduction to help you get set up for a breathwork session, tailored to prenatal people
- Guided prenatal breathwork classes focusing on different breathing techniques and focuses
- A guided meditation
The meditations and breathwork sessions can be used throughout pregnancy. Please speak to your doctor or healthcare provider before taking part in physical activities during pregnancy.
What are the benefits of breathwork during pregnancy?
Prenatal yoga and breathwork can help to:
- improve sleep
- reduce stress and anxiety
- increase strength, control and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- increase body awareness (a wonderful skill to use during pregnancy and labour)
- feel more connected to your body and your baby
Have any questions? Drop us a message on Instagram @pregnancyyogauk . See you in class soon!
Who this course is for:
- Pregnant people
- Prenatal people
- Pregnant women
My yoga journey began as a way to help manage anxiety and mental health, and I fell in love with the feeling that the practice of yoga gives you both physically and mentally. My aim is to encourage others to take some Me Time - to move and breathe and flow and feel good.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Union Bali (Yoga Alliance certified)
65 Hour Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training with MOGA® (Yoga Alliance certified)
150 Hour Yoga Diploma (CPD certified)
Yoga Anatomy Training (Jason Crandell)
150 Hour Meditation Teacher Diploma (CPD certified)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)