Breathing Essentials: Sleep Apnea and the Consequences
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be able to demonstrate the tongue and airway dilator exercises with comfort and ease.
- Understand the process behind sleep apnea and recognize the symptoms
- Understand the three levels of the Apnea-hyponea index (AHI)
- Understand the treatments for sleep apnea
- The student should be able to follow a video and understand basic exericses for the tongue and airway.
20% of males, 10% of females in first world countries are now being diagnosed with sleep apnea. Studies in other countries are lacking. Menopausal women have the same incidence as males at 20%.
Are you waking frequently at night to use the restroom?
Are you experiencing daytime sleepiness, morning headache?
Are you aware that sleep apnea and cardiovascular incidents have a higher mortality rate?
Sleep apnea is disordered breathing and needs to be treated if it is present. Many people are not aware of the signs and symptoms of sleep apnea and the consequences. This course will explain the types of sleep apnea, causes, signs and symptoms in an easy to understand format.
Learn the different types of sleep apnea. Gain knowledge of the risk factors and symptoms that exist with sleep apnea and understand the importance of getting the correct treatment. Practice basic exercises that can be done to improve the strength of the tongue and airway dilators. This course is evidence based and will provide the latest research that is available on the statistics, risks, symptoms and treatments for sleep apnea.
- Anyone who is sufferiing with or has been diagnosed with sleep apnea.
- Anyone who is experiencing fatigue during the day.