How to Break into Acting and Book the Job!
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 27 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Business of Acting: How to set yourself up in the entertainment industry to be ready to head out on auditions.
- Audition Technique: The skills required to ace your audition and book TV/Film work.
- On-Set Advice: The important tips and tricks for ensuring your first day on set is a successful one.
- Mental Preparation for Actors.
- How to gain confidence and present your best self at auditions and in other professional environments.
- How to book the coveted Commercials.
- And much much more!
- Understanding of basic English
With the multitude of classes, techniques, books and "gurus" all claiming to have the key to success in the Entertainment Industry, learning about how to break into acting and book work can be a daunting task. But not anymore!
Through our combined experience in Film/TV/Commercials, we have created a course to help you through every aspect of the Acting process. We remove the complications and empty promises of many acting teachers and show you a technique that allows you to keep acting fun, simple and practical.
This course will also help non-actors and non-industry professionals to develop skills in confidence, public speaking and harnessing a strong mental attitude.
Learn how to master the elements of your Actor Toolkit (Headshots, Resume, Demo Reel)
Learn how to land an agent/manager and which is best for you
Learn how to identify your type
Learn how to cultivate a strong mindset to be a working actor
Understand how to break down an audition script and make it work for you
Learn how to navigate lines and character
Learn how to audition for different formats (One Hour Drama, Half-Hour Comedy, Multi-Cam, Film)
Learn how to self-tape
Learn how to book Co-Star roles
Learn how to book Commercials
Understand the steps needed to stay in touch with casting and keep yourself accountable
Learn what is needed to turn up to your first day on set
WHO WE ARE:
ASHWIN GORE is an Australian actor/writer/producer based in Los Angeles. His credits include, but not limited to:
Television - Ace in the Hole, Fresh Off the Boat, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, For the People, Unbelievable, Good Trouble
Film - Mojave, You Can't Curry Love
Digital Series - Game Night, What If, The Dating Chronicles, Dirty Thirties
Commercials - McDonald's, KPMG, NRMA
And numerous theater productions. He is also an American Accent Coach (separate course is available on Udemy).
COURTNEY DLUGOS is an American actor/writer/content creator based in Los Angeles, CA. Her credits include:
Award-winning feature film Off The Rails
G-Eazy's digital album film The Beautiful and Damned
Hulu limited series South Beach
Kevin Hart-produced digital series Unmasked
And over a dozen national commercial campaigns including Domino's, Eggland's Best, Tampico, Big Lots and more.
Follow her on Instagram @itscourtneymichelle
- Anyone who wants to break into the entertainment industy as an Actor
- Actors who are currently auditioning and want to increase the number of jobs they book
- Actors who have a technique that just isn't working and want to explore a new approach
- Any professional who wants to increase their confidence and public speaking skills
Knowing your type is the difference between getting lots of audition appointments and waiting by the phone wondering what's happening. Here we cover how to discover your type and the importance of being specific.