Breaking The Silence: Postpartum Depression Education
What you'll learn
- Understand what postpartum depression is and the different types
- Define what triggers are, how to work through them, and what techniques can be used to lessen the symptoms of triggers.
- Understand what disruption in bonding is and how it's important in relation to postpartum depression
- Complete a workbook and worksheets for your own postpartum care
- No experience is needed to take this course.
Whether you're pregnant or postpartum, this course is for you! This is a beginner-level course designed to educate and empower women on postpartum depression. Throughout the course, women will be able to learn what postpartum depression is, what different types of postpartum depression there are, how they can heal from postpartum depression, and more!
This course was created by Taylor Alexander, a mom of two and a survivor of postpartum depression. After her long battle with postpartum depression, she knew it was time to change the way the world viewed postpartum. Taylor created a business, Empowering Mamas, with a mission to educate and empower mothers about postpartum depression and perinatal mood disorder solutions. Being a life coach, postpartum doula, and NLP practitioner, Taylor helps women by providing emotional and physical support to improve the quality of maternity care.
Taylor aims to create an impact by raising awareness about postpartum depression among women and providing them with the right education and resources to feel prepared in motherhood. Every mother should prepare for the unknown. It's the unknown that will knock you off your feet, and unfortunately a lot of mothers out there aren't prepared for what can happen!
So, grab a pen and paper, and let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for pregnant and postpartum mamas who want to be and educated and empowered on postpartum depression. This is a great course to prepare for the possibility of postpartum depression.
Bringing a beautiful baby into the world is no small act. It’s not just physically exhausting, it also takes a serious toll on your mental health. Unfortunately, many women don’t feel comfortable talking about the struggles they face. That’s why I’m here to help. My name is Taylor Alexander, I am a mother of two, a certified postpartum doula, trained in perinatal mood disorders, an NLP practitioner, and a certified life coach.