Hip Hop Dance Foundation - Breakdancing
What you'll learn
- master basic breakdancing by learning at your own pace or with the 30 Day Challenge: Mastering Breakdancing Basics
- Understand and combine basic dance steps in the core foundation of breakdancing which consists of Toprocking, Go Downs, Footwork, Freezes and Powermoves.
- Perform a Toprocking Routine and Footwork Routine that incorporates the core foundational moves of breakdancing.
- Feel like a breakdancer!
- No prior dance experience necessary! Comfortable exercises wear and sneakers suggested.
- Use an open space such as a mutli-purpose room or a living room that can give you ample space to move.
- Mirrors are suggested but not necessary.
Don't be a Bboy or Bgirl wannabe anymore! Hip Hop Foundation | Breakdancing will teach you the core foundations of breakdancing to help you become the dancer you always wanted to be. The foundations of breakdancing are Toprocking, Go Downs, Footwork, Freezes and Powermoves. This course will teach you 19 Breakdancing Moves with 29 easy-to-follow videos that includes instructions, drills and routines.
Learn At Your Own Pace or Take the 30 Days Challenge: Mastering Breakdancing Basics
Here's How It Works: Learning at Your Own Pace:
1) Moves are broken down into mini steps so that you can fully grasp the movement.
2) Drills are then introduced for you to follow with the instructor as you perfect the moves with music.
3) Learn a routine and put your skills to the test: Toprock Routine and Footwork Routine.
30 Day Challenge: Mastering Breakdancing Basics
Do you think you have what it takes to learn how to breakdance? Mastery of a subject cannot be done in one day or even let alone in a life-time. Challenge yourself in 2015 to learn breakdancing basics and beyond.
Day 1: Watch Welcome/Introduction video + three additional YouTube videos on breakdancing to get a sense of the movements, music and culture.
Day 2: Learn Toprocking: Front/Back Cross (Lectures 2, 3 and 4)
Day 3: Practice Front and Back Cross (Lecture 4) + Learn Footwork: Six Step (Lecture 16)
Day 4: Learn Toprocking: Side Steps (Lectures 5, 6 and 7)
Day 5: Practice Side Steps (Lecture 7) + Learn Footwork: 12 Step (Lecture 17)
Day 6: Learn Go Downs (Lecture 14 and 15) + Practice Front/Back Cross and Side Step (Lectures 4 and 7)
Day 7: Learn Freezes: Basic Stab and Baby Freeze (Lectures 25 and 26)
Day 8: Learn Top Rocking: Indian Step and Swivel (Lectures 8 and 9)
Day 9: Learn Top Rocking: Brooklyn Top Rock (Lecture 10) + Toprock exercise (Lectures 11 and 12)
Day 10: REVIEW: Toprock Exercises (Lecture 4, 7 and 12) + Footwork: Six Step and Twelve Step
Day 11: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) + Freezes Review: Basic Stab and Baby Freeze
Day 12: Learn Footwork: 3 Step, Threading and CCs (Lectures, 18, 19 and 20)
Day 13: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13)+Go Downs Review: Cork Screw and Knee Drop + Learn Footwork: Helicopter and VKick/Kick Outs (Lectures 21 and 22)
Day 14: Learn Freezes: Shoulder Freeze and Chair Freeze (Lectures 27 and 28) + Watch Footwork Drills (Lecture 23)
Day 15: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) + Footwork Drills (Lecture 23)
Day 16: REVIEW: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) + Go Downs (Lectures 14 and 15) + Footwork Drills(Lecture 23)
Day 17: Freezes: Practice Basic Stab and Watch Windmill Tutorial (Lecture 29)
Day 18: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) + Learn Footwork Routine (Lecture 24)
Day 19: Footwork Routine (Lecture 24) + Learn Windmill (Lecture 29)
Day 20: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) + Footwork Routine (Lecture 24)
Day 21: Freezes: Review all freezes (Lectures 25,26,27 and 28)
Day 22: Record Yourself and send it to me for feedback! (Toprock Routine and Footwork Routine)
Day 23: Windmill Day (Lecture 29)
Day 24: Toprock Routine (Lecture 13) and Review All Freezes (Lectures 25-28)
Day 25: Footwork Drills (Lecture 23) + Basic Stab Freeze
Day 26: Toprock Routine + Footwork Routine + Windmill
Day 27: Footwork Drills + All Freezes
Day 28: Toprock Routine + Footwork Drills + Footwork Routine + Windmill
Day 29: All Freezes and Windmill
Day 30: Record Yourself: Toprock Routine, Footwork Routine, All Freezes and Windmill!
Feel free to send me an email for private feedback or guidance: email@example.com
Who this course is for:
- Everyone can learn how to dance and look good doing it. It's not a matter of "not being able to do it", it's a matter of "just not yet".
- This course is for beginners who have little to no knowledge in breakdancing.
- This course consists of floor movements and balancing techniques with your body, please be cautious or consult a doctor if you have had any past injuries.
Kit has taught and performed throughout Boston, New York and internationally, including Lithuania and Paris. Kit is the founder of Spotlight|The Choreographers’ Showcase, a dance showcase in Utica, NY where emerging and established choreographers showcase their original works. Kit recently returned to Boston from Utica, NY in June 2013 to further pursue his career with dance and arts administration.
Current dance faculty at The Jeannette Neill Dance Studio in Boston, MA.