Break Old Habits
What you'll learn
- Develop your compassion through simple art craft
- New motivation to break old habits
- Practice letting go of negative overwhelming words
- Welcome new positive words Into your life
- Find that you'll have a new perspective on your to-do list
- A location with minimal distractions
- No prior art skills needed for this course
Welcome new habits, say goodbye to old ones, with this simple artistic door craft!
I’m so excited to have you come and join me today as we begin to build new habits in welcoming some extra self-love and compassion vocabulary words into our day! This project can be used in conjunction with any old habits you’d like to break, or new ones you’d like to build. It’s a way to help visualize maybe the things you want to let go of and release, those things that no longer serve you for the person that you are today, and help you imagine, welcome in, invite, focus and picture what you want more of instead. Creating this craft is not going to change your life, but using it may help get you a little step closer to one of your goals, wishes or dreams, by using positive, motivational and cheer-leading words.
This course will take you through 3 steps:
1. Firstly, accepting where you’re at today, that’s key to practicing compassion. “This is what I’m comfortable with, this is how I am…) But also being open to the new and setting an intention in your mind that you want to grow or make progress in some area, working today specifically on finding more compassionate words to tell yourself.
2. Throughout the course, as you envision where you want to go (or be), you will be creating a door craft. Taking time for art is also practicing compassion, making this time for you, realizing that you’re important and worthy of this time. There are loads of other benefits to creating and making something artsy. It not only works as a gentle reminder but also a concrete picture in your mind to help motivate you to get to a desired vision or result.
3. Lastly, you will get to see how I use it and how you can start practicing using it for yourself as well. You may be surprised how this simple craft can become a wonderful and gentle tool to motivate you towards little steps to building new habits.
Who it’s for?
You don’t need any specific art skill for this course; just your playful creative, open-minded, ready to learn self.
Why is this class useful?
Instead of adding more pressure or stress as you look at your planner or long list of daily tasks to get done, reminding yourself that “you must do this… you have to get that done, you should or shouldn’t do this and that…”, creating a visual for yourself can be so helpful to change your vocabulary to using positive and empowering words instead.
Words help to shape our attitude and thus our actions. We all want to feel more inspired, motivated and excited as we move forward into our daily responsibilities. This course will allow loads of space to practice some self-love and compassion for yourself, something that we could all use a little more of in this fast-paced, never-ending-duties-to-attend-to, assignments-to-finish, engagements-to-participate-in life. Those things won’t go away, they will be waiting for you right after this course, but maybe you will have found some “secret key” or “wonder word” that will help boost your spirit to feel more positive and find a renewed sense of joy as you go through your day. Last but not least, you will have treated yourself to this gift of compassion and creative art play.
A4 size white water color paper
Brown paper or cardboard
2 smaller cardboard pieces
Water color (or another preferred art medium)
Your class project is to work with me, as we incorporate some new positive and compassionate words into our vocabulary, to give us a new perspective on our to-do list to to help build new habits in other areas.
Following along with the class, you'll be delving a little into each of these points:
Acceptance, first step to compassion
Plans and goals. Check in, envision what you want
Think of words to tell yourself that help you get where you want to be
What benefits to using new vocabulary words?
List some words you want to say goodbye to
List some words you want to hear instead
Create positive “Welcoming” word cards
Use this craft in conjunction with your to-do list
Please share your project with the community, a photo of your craft project, or some of your words you’re letting go of, along with those you want to KEEP and start using more. It will be a huge motivator and encouragement for everyone. Thank you again for participating in this project, as you grow in these little steps towards more compassion.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those who would like to have some fun with creative expression.
- And those who would like to grow in cultivating more self-love and compassion.
I was born in France and now live in a little countryside village in Alsace, France.
I lived abroad most of my life, soaking up a variety of experiences and adventures around the world, which have enriched my life with culture, ethnicity, languages, and more.
My earliest memories as a child include drawing, especially portraits and flowers. As the years passed, my passion for art flourished and I have now illustrated many children’s books and taught art for kids since 1999. Today, art is still one of my joys.
Returning to live in Alsace in 2011, and being surrounded by its beauty and charm, amazing architecture, nature, and culture, has inspired me to express it through my art. I am reliving a small glimpse of what my grandfather experienced as he painted Alsatian villages and portraits. And through sketching, drawing, and coloring in my whimsical style, I am learning to depict some of the wonders of this beautiful place called Alsace.
More recently, I've been experimenting with Self-care and this has started me on an amazing journey as I explore incorporating my love for art and creativity with the need for physical and emotional well-being. I've experienced firsthand the results and rewards from paying attention to my health through self-care, and with a slower and more mindful way of living. That's why I've created some courses on this topic as well, realizing that all of us could do a little better with taking care of ourselves, so that we can have an even greater impact on others, and most of all feel a renewed sense of JOY and PEACE.