Break Into Copywriting With A Zero-Experience Portfolio
What you'll learn
- The market for copywriters is booming – full-time, part-time, and as a side gig
- How to profit from this lucrative career, even if you’re an unproven newbie
- 5 major tactics explained in-depth to get your first real copywriting assignments – with ZERO previous experience
- How to discover your strongest writing niches or topics
- Templates to use to successfully pitch for copywriting work to fill your first portfolio
- Ways to get your work published within hours
- Plus, pro tips, secrets, and expert advice from a working copywriter with 30+ years of success
- A desire for the freedom, creative expression, and financial success a copywriting career offers
- Internet access; a computer, laptop, or tablet; and word processing software
According to Glassdoor, copywriters in the U.S. make over $57,000 per year on average. ZipRecruiter reports that even entry-level copywriters average about $40,000 a year. But who wants to be average? I know many copywriters who make double that or more, year-in and year-out, in the U.S. and around the world.
And there has never been a bigger demand for copywriters – full-time, part-time, or as a moneymaking side gig.
But what if, though you desire this kind of success, you have no real professional experience in writing copy?
And no impressive samples of your past work to show a prospective client or employer? No satisfied clients to recommend you?
It’s the age-old dilemma – how do you get a job without experience; how do you get experience without a job?
This course will help you solve that dilemma. You’ll learn how to craft a portfolio of real, professional copywriting that will help you land your first big job or client.
Through this course, you’ll learn:
• How to find your best starting clients
• How to approach them
• How to close the deal
• How to make your samples look professional and compelling
• And then how to present the samples in a dynamic portfolio or online showcase
We’ll go step-by-step, in short, easy-to-follow lessons, with all the important details but the lessons are fast-paced, fun, and filled with actionable assignments.
– The differences between writing copy and writing content
– Why copywriting is more well-paid
– Why you need to start with a niche
– How to find your strongest niches
– Targeting the first clients in your niche
– Closing the deal with a win/win
– 10 ways to cheaply (or for free) dress your copy for success
– The truth about job boards
– The Heat-Seeking Missile tactic
– 8 ways to get published faster
– 14 ways to easily create your online portfolio
And the course comes with an extensive Freesource Guide with links to much more information and resources
Are you ready to break into a fun, fulfilling, and financially rewarding career? Just click that blue bar at the top of the page that says, “Add to Cart” and you’ll be on your way – guaranteed!
Who this course is for:
- You! If you...
- Want to jump on the fast track to a copywriting career
- Would like to work from home – or wherever you roam
- Want to explore the surest way to earn top money from your writing
Copywriter and creative director with more than 30 years experience in the fields of adverting, marketing, public relations and sales. He founded his first advertising agency at 25 and was senior VP and creative director of a major regional marketing firm for 14 years. As a consultant and freelancer, he assists other marketing firms, as well as corporate clients around the country.