BRANDY - Essentials in Cocktails & Bartending
What you'll learn
- In-depth knowledge of all types of Brandy
- Flavors & Aromas
- Different styles of Brandy
- Gain the ability to pair Brandy with food
- How to read a Cognac, Armagnac or any Brandy label
- Popular Brandy Brands
- Age Statements
- No existing Brandy or alcohol knowledge is required
- All individuals wishing to drink alcohol must be of legal age where they reside. This course does not condone underage drinking in any capacity
- This course is designed for those want to learn more about Brandy & how to better serve, select & enjoy it
- Students are encouraged to sample Brandy throughout this course, but no specialist equipment is required beyond some Brandy to enjoy
"The difference between Cognac and Armagnac? Imagine a length of velvet and another of a silk fabric. Stroke them. The velvet has a deep, rich texture. That is an Armagnac. The silk is pure finesse, and that, to me, is a Cognac "
- Salvatore Calabrese
Brandy in simpler terms is a liquor that is distilled from wine made from fruit, usually grapes. But can also be distilled from the wine of other fruits like pears or apples. Multiple types of brandy that exist; & even if you know nothing about brandy, you've probably heard of the most famous one of all; Cognac! Cognac is a Brandy that is made from specific grapes produced only in the Cognac region of France.
All Cognacs are Brandy but not all Brandies are Cognac...
This course reviews the legal standards of Brandy Cognac & Armagnac, and other brandies, accompanied by their history, production methods, terminology, flavor profiles, popular brands and how to pair them with various foods.
Whether enjoying this course personally for pure enjoyment, or in the hospitality industry and you need further understanding for career purposes; we’ll explain all about Brandy, clearly & concisely. No more guessing.
This course will bring any novice to an expert, in an amazingly short amount of time.
WARNING: THIS COURSE GETS TECHNICAL AT TIMES! I have tried to be as detailed as possible. Some reviews have stated the course is too technical at times, but I think better to give too much info than not enough.
This course reviews:
In-depth knowledge of all types of Brandy
Brandy Flavors & Aromas
Different styles of Brandy - Grape, Fruit, Marc
Grape Brandies - Cognac, Armagnac, Brandy de Jerez, American
Pomace Brandies - Grappa & Marc
Fruit Brandies - Calvados, Applejack & more
Pairing Brandy with food
How to make 25 popular Brandy Cocktails
How to read a Cognac, Armagnac & Brandy de Jerez label
Legal Standards of Brandy
And for full rounded education, the history of Brandy
* Bonus lecture - Proper Glassware selection for Wine, Spirits, Cocktails & Beer!
Brandy truly is one of the finest things in the world, be it Cognac, Armagnac, fruit or Marc/Grappa brandy. It's not reserved for the stereotypical rich, so no matter who you are, sit back, relax and pour yourself a snifter now.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Brandy
- Mixologists, Bartenders, Servers & those in the hospitality industry that serve Brandy
- Current Brandy drinkers wanting advanced knowledge for better selection & enjoyment
- Novice alcohol drinkers, wanting to earn more about this very popular spirit
Hospitality industry professional with over 20+ years experience. Specialist of Spirits certification, Certified Sommelier, Mixologist, entrepreneur & author of 11 books related to Beer, Wine, Spirits, Sake, Cigars and Hospitality Service. Past positions include bartender, General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Restaurants & Bars and Assistant Director of Beverage, supervising hundreds at a 5 star, 5 diamond casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. This industry experience gained has allowed me to serve guests and train employees at the highest levels.
I am very lucky to have had some great mentors throughout my career and want to pass on the good karma of knowledge. I really get a thrill out of showing someone something new or teaching a new skill they can use in their hospitality career, so I really hope you enjoy the courses!