Brand Communications Strategy Masterclass
What you'll learn
- You would be able to develop complete strategic communication plans for brands
- You will learn how to practically reverse engineer competitors communication plans
- You will learn how to analyze and identify key macro, business and consumer trends when complete information is not easily available
- You will learn the fast way to do audience identification and segmentation
- You will learn how to identify engaging messages that will help create more effective communications
- You will learn how to put all of the above in a one-page holistic plan
- Basic familiarity with marketing terms
- Internet connection
Dive into the wonderful world of brand communications strategy. Understand how brands communicate and convince different audiences to buy their products. This course cuts out the fluff, goes beyond the analysis paralysis and explains exactly how to build strategic level communication plans.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS COURSE?
Arriving at a role or roles for the brand
Segmenting primary audiences
How to analyze macro environments
How to reverse engineer competition's communication plans
Consumer pyramids and funnels
Putting all of the above in one logical plan.
By end of this course, you would know how pro's do communication planning in real life situations that delivers results.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THIS COURSE
I have developed this course based on three decades of hands-on experience in the advertising industry. Most of the content comes from projects I have worked upon, or have been exposed too and the various training sessions I have held over the years. New channels have emerged, newer contexts have emerged but the fundamentals of creating effective communications have remained the same. Though it may sound theoretical, this course is very practical. It is full of example’s, case studies, practice tips and handy resources that you can take to work everyday.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE NOT ABOUT
This course is not about brand management. Hence topics like brand architecture, portfolio management, brand extensions have not been covered. These topics are related to broader subject of marketing.
WHY YOU SHOULD DO THIS COURSE
If you are anyhow linked to commercial communications, this course is for you. Do this course for the following reasons
Get a comprehensive understanding of the communications planning process
Build your skills in analyzing audiences and markets
Learn the message creation techniques
Learn to present your plans to anyone in a simple manner
Who this course is for:
- Marketing, Advertising and Communication & MBA students
- Account & Communication Planners with less than 5 years agency experience
- Client servicing professionals working with any kind of communication agencies
- Brand Specialists, Junior Brand Managers & Brand Managers
I am an active communications & advertising professional with almost 3 decades in the advertising industry. During this period I have worked with the top companies like McCann Erickson, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mather and on top brands like Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Apple, Volvo, Ford, Heineken and many more.
My specialization is Strategic Planning for effective communications. As a hands on professional I know what works and what does not in the world of communications.
I have designed this course with the aim of giving my students three things:
1. A solid understanding of the Strategic Planning process in communications;
2. Real life tools, tips and tricks that lead to engaging communications; and
3. How to think like a strategist.
I hope you enjoy doing this course as much as I have enjoyed creating it.