Brainstorming Techniques Made Easy
What you'll learn
- How and Why to Brainstorm ideas
- Master the Cubing Method of Brainstorming
- Master the FreeWriting Method of Brainstorming
- Master the Looping Method of Brainstorming
- Master the Listing/Bulleting Method of Brainstorming
- Master the Mapping/Clustering/Webbing Method of Brainstorming
- Master the 3 Different Perspective Method of Brainstorming
- Master the Similes and Metaphors Method of Brainstorming
- Master the Nut Shelling Method of Brainstorming
- Master the 6 Journalist Questions Method of Brainstorming
- Brainstorming software - Introduction to Coggle
- Brainstorming software - Introduction to Mindmeister
- Brainstorming software - Introduction to Scapple
- No experience needed but bring an open mind
- Any computer and an internet connection
You often hear of brainstorming in a business sense. Why? Because it draws on the collective wisdom of ideas, knowledge, and opportunities. It usually leads to a more successful outcome.
The actual act of writing down options/scenarios helps to clarify the path. And clarity is what we also want to achieve, so it makes sense to utilize some of these tactics for our own benefit.
Cassandra Clare a New York Times Bestselling Author of the Mortal Instruments said "My ideas often come from strong mental images. When I’m observing some relatively ordinary thing. I’ll think, “What if…” and out of that brainstorming a story emerges.”
Understanding how to use different brainstorming techniques can be a powerful tool for you to wield. Throughout this course, you’ll be introduced to several great options of brainstorming techniques. Once you understand them, you can identify which is best for you. Don’t be concerned by the terminology, as you’ll find they are just processes designed to bring out ideas and pathways which will help you construct your masterpiece.
Because we showcase various brainstorming techniques for you to look at, and once you understand how they work, you can mix and match them for the best results. You can gather more perspectives on your topic or problem and develop new ideas using your brainstorming technique.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn Brainstorming methodology
- What's the best Brainstorming method for you?
- Anyone who wants an Introduction to Brainstorming software
For 35 years, I’ve been driven to help authors and storytellers share their stories. I’ve worked for film studios including Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. I’ve held prominent positions with leading production houses, shooting commercials and documentaries. I’ve held valuable roles in publishing houses, radio stations, PR companies, advertising agencies, and celebrity agents.
I’ve seen so many authors and screenwriters come and go, and it became clear to me over the decades of working in this industry WHY most books and writers fail to reach their potential. The most common reason often has nothing to do with the quality of the story or writing; most often, it was because the author lacked knowledge of the publishing industry. They weren’t educated to know “HOW” to take their book to the world.