Brain Training: Harness Neuroplasticity Through Neuroscience
What you'll learn
- Understand what Brain Training is and how to utilize it to improve brain functioning
- Understand the concept of Neuroplasticity and how it relates to Brain Training
- Understand practical strategies to incorporate self-directed neuroplasticity into your daily life
- Understand which commercially available brain games are backed by neuroscience
- Practice a full range of exercises in order to stimulate new brain connections
- An interest in brain training, neuroplasticity, neuroscience and/or brain health is the only prerequisite.
- No previous knowledge about the brain required.
- No specific materials are needed for this course. Taking notes is recommended.
In this course, learn what neuroscience says regarding brain training strategies to harness our brains neuroplasticity. The concept of neuroplasticity is becoming more well know after the last few decades of neuroscience research. We now know that through neuroplasticity our experiences change the structure and the organization of the brain.
A paradigm change is occurring in various professional fields with neuroscience beginning to inform psychiatry, psychology, counseling, education, business, and technology. Thus, strategies to improve our brain health, and train our brain to increase cognitive performance and extend the life of our brain are extremely popular.
Throughout this course you will learn what brain training is and how it is related to neuroplasticity. You will also learn about the benefits, and the various types of brain training. You will be presented with some of the components, and the simplicity of brain training, and some specific applications for brain training. Finally, you will learn about some of the best evidence-based approaches to improve brain health and/or brain-based skills through positive habits and lifestyle strategies, cognitive training, brain training games, or self-directed neuroplasticity.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in Brain Training, Neuroplasticity, Neuroscience, and Brain Health
- Anyone who wants to learn research-based strategies to improve their brain
- Anyone interested in Personal Development
David Mills is a husband, father, son, and brother. He is a director at a large medical company. He is passionate about learning about self development, self help, entrepreneurship, and relationships. When he is not working, hiking, playing with his kids, hanging out with his wife, he is learning, teaching, and connecting with like minded individuals.
My name is Michael Vallejo, LCSW. I am a licensed clinical social worker, life coach, and child & family therapist. I have over 12 years of experience working directly with children, teens, parents, and families on mental and behavioral health, school problems, and family dynamics. I currently have a private practice with a focus on mental health treatment for children, teens, and families. I provide individual and family therapy, parent coaching, and neurofeedback training.
I also enjoy providing life coaching to adults of all ages, teaching others about personal development, and helping to motivate others to reach their full potential.