BPMN 2.0 for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to model real world business processes with BPMN.
- You will learn how to use pools and lanes to represent organisations and responsibilities.
- You will learn how to use activities like tasks or subprocesses to get into the action.
- You will master the proper usage of gateways to maintain the correct flow of tokens.
- You will understand the different use cases of events.
- You will learn best practices to make your BPMN diagrams easy to understand by using artifacts or data objects.
- No prior knowledge of BPMN or Business Processes in general is required.
Process documentation is a necessity for every organisation to ensure quality standards and optimise performance. The Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) is a standard published by the Object Management Group (OMG). It provides a standardised notation that simplifies the design and execution of business processes. The course will begin with a brief introduction to business processes and the related management practices. The main part of the course is about BPMN elements which are considered as the building blocks of any BPMN diagram. They allow to model the flow and behaviour within business processes. This includes activities, events, gateways, data objects and artifacts. BPMN is best used with special software tools that provide the standardised elements which make each BPMN understandable to anybody in the world. You will be shown two free solutions and one paid solution, so everybody should be good to go. The course concludes with two case studies that will require the student to adapt to a real world problem and make use of the newly acquired skills within this course. The two case studies are highly pragmatic and allow everybody to relate to. What are you waiting for? BPMN will definitely give you an edge in your career.
It's time to learn something new!
Who this course is for:
- For people who want to learn BPMN 2.0 from scratch.
- For people who want to pursue a career in Business Analytics
- For people who work in business process management
- For people who work in consulting and need a structured approach to model real world problems.
Aron is an experienced auditor for management systems based on ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 27018 and ISO 22301. With over 5 years of experience working for IT service providers, he knows how to combine information security, privacy and business continuity to enhance an organizations' performance and resilience.
Aron is a certified Information Security and Data Protection Officer and has conducted dozens of internal and external audits. This gave him a unique insight into how organizations function and what it takes to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
His passion for coaching and mentoring is unmatched. After having spent seven years as an assistant coach in professional basketball, he is now ready to coach YOU.
Qualifications and Education
- M.Eng. Systems Engineering and Management
- B.Eng. Industrial Engineering
- ISO 27001 Certified Information Security Officer
- Data Privacy Officer
- CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor (ongoing)
- ITGCB: IT Governance and IT Compliance Basics