Bounce Calligraphy - Beyond Modern Calligraphy Basics
What you'll learn
- Bounce Calligraphy
- Playful Modern Calligraphy
- Composition for Quotes
- How to Layout a Sentence
- Lettering Art for Gifting
- Connecting Bouncy Letters
- Basic understanding of brush pen calligraphy
- Comfortable with using calligraphy brush pens
- Can confidently produce the thick and thin strokes
- Knows the basic strokes in calligraphy
Do you want to make your calligraphy bouncy? :)
Bounce Calligraphy is fun and easy if you know the tricks. All the letters and words seem to be without any order and randomly placed together, but somehow, they all look so happily co-existing. That's why I often say an excellent bounce calligraphy writing is like a good party- all the letters are having a good time together, and nobody is left out.
In this class, I will show you how to be a good host of this fun lettering party. You will learn the secret of making word-arrangement look zippy and effortless. We will practice these party tricks by doing two class projects together.
I will be using a regular size brush pen, drawing paper, and tracing paper. You are free to choose your favorite writing tools.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in making their calligraphy style playful and fun
- Anyone wanting to develop a bouncy style of lettering
- People who loves journaling handmade notes
- Creative people who loves bullet journaling and planner
Hello, I'm Vivian.
I am a graphic designer and hand-lettering artist based in New York.
I have been working as a graphic designer for more than a decade. I started practice calligraphy as a way to balance my digital-heavy work life, and I truly believe there is something magically calming in the art of writing with pen on paper.
I believe we all have something to share with and learn from each other. I hope in sharing my knowledge and experience we will all benefit and learn along the way!
Follow me on Instagram @PurpleMartinLettering for calligraphy and hand-lettering encouragements!