Boost Your Self-Worth, Get Respect by Having Good Boundaries
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to set healthy boundaries in any area of your life, work or relationships
- You will be able to determine when to make a rule and when to set a boundary
- You will acquire the skills to maintain the boundaries you set with ease
- You will learn how to confront people who ignore or overstep your boundaries in a firm and assertive way while keeping the relationship intact
- You will enjoy happier realtionships with your co-workers, children, friends and family
- You will experience less negative conflict between yourself and others
- You will be able to delegate easily and effectively hold people accountable
- You will stop taking responsibility for other peoples' lives and get back to running your own life
- You will discover that you have more time to attend to your personal responsibilities, dreams and needs
- Upon mastering the art of boundaries you will achieve higher success in your work, relationships and life
- You should have a notebook and pen with you where you can write down your thoughts and insights that you have along the way.
- The book "Boundaries:Where You End and I Begin" by Anne Katherine, M.A is highly recommended as a companion to this course. Although it is not compulsory reading, it will give you a deeper look into boundaries when read in conjunction witht he course.
- The book "Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How to Say No" by Henry Cloud is an additional resource for people who would like a Christian viewpoint on boundaries.
Boundary issues present a multitude of problems for people in the workplace, in the family and in relationships. Poorly managed or non-existent boundaries cause resentment and disagreement between people, are a leading cause of poor productivity in a workplace and contribute to elevated stress levels. People who struggle with boundaries find themselves saying Yes when they really want to say No, find themselves unable to protect themselves from unwanted intrusions by co-workers, friends and family. Unable to hold their own and other people's boundaries, these people find themselves doing other people's work instead of their own, taking responsibility for things that they shouldn't and often in trouble for falling behind in their own areas of responsibility. They often feel overwhelmed, under-appreciated and disrespected with little to show for their efforts. Communication becomes vague or evasive which leads to misunderstandings and mistrust.
Simply put, healthy boundaries are a necessity for anybody who wants to lead a healthy, happy, productive and successful existence in all areas of life. This course will bring you to a point where you feel confidently able to set and hold a boundary for yourself or others by examining the nature of boundaries, exposing the reasons for our struggles with boundaries and ultimately providing techniques for you to set and manage your and other people's boundaries.
Learn and master the art of setting and holding healthy boundaries with this course
- Set healthy boundaries in any area of your life, work or relationships
- Say No when you when you should and Yes only when it's healthy
- Know when to make a rule or set a boundary
- Maintain the boundaries you set with ease and grace
- Assertively confront people who ignore or overstep your boundaries while keeping the relationship intact
- Delegate easily and hold people accountable effectively
- Manage others who resist or resent your newly found strength and boundary setting
Mastering boundaries for greater success in life, work and relationships
A boundary is nothing more than a container designed to maintain the integrity of what's inside, be that your health, sanity, money, family or job responsibilities. The tools and techniques taught in this course provide a gentle, non-threatening approach that will ensure choosing, setting and holding a boundary becomes possible for even the most timid person, in the most difficult situations. By overcoming your own reactions to boundaries, you will acquire the insight and wisdom that boundaries are not punitive or selfish, rather they are the most respectful, generous and empowering way to relate to the world at large.
Parents, people in leadership roles, employees, or people in any form of relationship with others will benefit from the experience of seeing their own relationship to boundaries, and learning new ways to manage what historically would have been difficult conversations to have and spaces to be in.
This course is perfect for any person who feels that they could achieve much more if they were not constantly side-tracked by other people's interruptions and requests, or who feels overwhelmed by the business of managing other people's responsibilities because saying yes is just less trouble than saying no.
Contents and Overview
In the over 3 hours of content including 30 lectures, 5 quizzes as well as supplemental materials, this course covers the theory of boundaries as well as the practical tools you need in order to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
This course covers the importance of boundaries, the definition of boundaries, the reasons the boundaries present a challenge to so many people. It examines the relationship between boundaries and rules as well as ways to determine whether a boundary or a rule needs to be set. Students will learn how to communicate a boundary assertively and techniques to manage other people reactions to a boundary being set or saying No.
Students will also have the opportunity to examine their own relationship to boundaries, both those that they would like to set and those imposed upon them, including the reasons for their struggle with boundaries.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you find yourself saying yes to requests when you know you should say no.
- If your children or spouse walk all over you
- If you feel like people take advantage of your good nature and it is impacting your ability to be successful
- If you find that you end up doing your colleagues work for them rather than holding them accountable for it
- If you find delegating difficult or impossible
- If you feel unheard when you set limits or ask for people to respect your space
- If you are a parent, an employee, or in a relationship with other people
- If you are in a leadership role
- This course is probably NOT for you if you always delegate well, feel heard when you set limits or if you are able to say no effectively
Founder and CEO (crAzy™ executive officer) of crAzy™ always wins.
A coach, author, facilitator and inspirational speaker, Tania has powerfully partnered with executives, entrepreneurs, teams, groups and private individuals to create business and personal results that reflect the highest potential of each client.
Tania is insightful and dynamic in her approach and is quickly able to connect with the essence of her clients and their individual requirements. By combining these qualities with her extensive management experience and her steadfast belief in people’s abilities to excel, with the correct support, Tania is successfully able to assist her clients to meet their objectives. She draws on her experiences of coaching, mentoring and managing staff at many levels to create unique coaching programs that are motivational, inspirational, effective and specifically tailored to meet the needs of each individual client.
Tania is a co-author of A Coaches Story and a freelance contributor of self-help articles to publications such as Cosmopolitan, Shape, Destiny and Sarie magazines. She is an accomplished keynote and inspirational speaker for functions and events.
Tania graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Johannesburg with a BComm and with an LLB from the University of South Africa (Unisa).In addition, she holds ICF/ACTP accredited qualifications of Professional Coach and Accredited Consciousness Coach® and is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa).