Ignite Your Passion for Reading: Fall in Love with Books
- All you need is the ability to read and/or listen!
- Do you wish you enjoyed reading more than you do?
- Have you never really known how to find books that you'll enjoy?
- Do you struggle to find the time and the motivation to read as much as you would like?
- Are you normally an avid reader, but sometimes you find yourself in a 'reading slump', bored by every book you pick up and unable to concentrate?
Whether you love reading books, or have never really got into it as a hobby, if you answered yes to any of the above questions, this course is for you!
I believe that reading should be fun above all else, so I'll talk you through how to discard all your previous ideas about what books you 'should' be reading. I'll share several different methods to find books that match your interests and that you will enjoy.
I'll also tell you how, if you want to, you can meet other book fans, online and in person, and turn reading from a solitary activity into something social.
- This course is for people who are interested in reading more but don't know where to start.
- It is also for book lovers who have fallen into a "reading slump" or have lost the habit of reading.
- Why Read?01:46
- Why Don't You Read?00:52
- Drop the Guilt and Read What You Want To01:19
- Investigate the Possibilities01:34
- Getting Recommendations01:16
- Indulge Your Inner Child00:39
- Slow Reader? Busy Reader?01:20
- Short Story and Poetry Anthologies are Underrated00:39
- So Are Essay Collections00:24
- Exploring Bookshops and Libraries01:04
- A Varied Reading Diet01:19
- Understanding Genre06:42
- Making Reading Social00:37
- In-Person Book Clubs and Where To Find Them00:47
- Online Book Clubs, Book Blogs, Booktube, Reading Challenges, Social Cataloguing01:56
- Bookish Social Media05:34
- Studying Literature00:34
- Book Swapping00:56
- Author Talks, Literary Festivals, and Other Events00:49
- Thank You and Bonus!00:50
Hi, I'm Julianne and I have a passion for organisation. I believe in making the most out of life, and being highly organised gives me peace of mind and allows me to spend as much time as possible on the things I care about most.
I live in London, UK, and manage communications and publicity in a university. I also write fiction, read a lot of books, and co-run regular networking events for writers, readers and publishers. In the rest of my time I blog, produce YouTube videos, play the piano, sing in a choir, and keep up with several more hobbies.