Ignite Your Passion for Reading: Fall in Love with Books
- All you need is the ability to read and/or listen!
- Do you wish you enjoyed reading more than you do?
- Have you never really known how to find books that you'll enjoy?
- Do you struggle to find the time and the motivation to read as much as you would like?
- Are you normally an avid reader, but sometimes you find yourself in a 'reading slump', bored by every book you pick up and unable to concentrate?
Whether you love reading books, or have never really got into it as a hobby, if you answered yes to any of the above questions, this course is for you!
I believe that reading should be fun above all else, so I'll talk you through how to discard all your previous ideas about what books you 'should' be reading. I'll share several different methods to find books that match your interests and that you will enjoy.
I'll also tell you how, if you want to, you can meet other book fans, online and in person, and turn reading from a solitary activity into something social.
- This course is for people who are interested in reading more but don't know where to start.
- It is also for book lovers who have fallen into a "reading slump" or have lost the habit of reading.
- Why Read?
- Why Don't You Read?
- Drop the Guilt and Read What You Want To
- Investigate the Possibilities
- Getting Recommendations
- Indulge Your Inner Child
- Slow Reader? Busy Reader?
- Short Story and Poetry Anthologies are Underrated
- So Are Essay Collections
- Exploring Bookshops and Libraries
- A Varied Reading Diet
- Understanding Genre
- Making Reading Social
- In-Person Book Clubs and Where To Find Them
- Online Book Clubs, Book Blogs, Booktube, Reading Challenges, Social Cataloguing
- Bookish Social Media
- Studying Literature
- Book Swapping
- Author Talks, Literary Festivals, and Other Events
- Thank You and Bonus!
Hi, I'm Julianne and I have a passion for organisation. I believe in making the most out of life, and being highly organised gives me peace of mind and allows me to spend as much time as possible on the things I care about most.
I live in London, UK, and manage communications and publicity in a university. I also write fiction, read a lot of books, and co-run regular networking events for writers, readers and publishers. In the rest of my time I blog, produce YouTube videos, play the piano, sing in a choir, and keep up with several more hobbies.