Book Cover Design Masterclass with Photoshop
What you'll learn
- You will understand the basic and complete anatomy of a book cover, design rules and terminology
- Learn how to Individualize your projects to match any book you are working on
- Learn how to Develop concepts, ideas and sketches for your book cover design
- Learn how to Master book cover design including knowing what makes a good book cover
- Become more confident using Adobe Photoshop for book cover Design
- Learn how to create covers for digital devices, for print and for marketing and promotions
- Learn how to Create Professional Print Ready Book-cover Design with Front, Back & Spine
- Learn how to set the proper Book Cover Sizes, Dimensions and design Specifications for any book cover based on genre or publisher
- Learn the basic design theory including working with color, layout, typography, photos and more
- Learn how to create the right images and create composites to match the book storyline
- Learn how to use images, colors and pair typefaces so that they look good together and communicate your book genre
- Learn how to get quality images, design elements and fonts for your book covers without infringing upon someone else's copyright.
- Learn how typefaces work for every book genre and how to use the right font for your book
- No prior knowledge of Graphic Design or use of Photoshop is required. Although having knowledge of these tool is an added advantage.
- A laptop computer with a Windows or Mac OS
- Free Photoshop Software Trial - Learn how to get it inside the course
- You need to be able to learn and follow instructions
Hi, Hello and welcome to "Book Cover Design Masterclass with Photoshop" - The best video series on book cover design using Adobe Photoshop.. I am the team leader of the Netplus Studio Group and we are one of the leading Design Training Studios. If you are an aspiring freelance book cover designer or you want to learn how to design book covers for your own books, then this is the right course for you.
By the end of this course, you would have learnt how to design eBook covers for digital books like Kindle, Book covers for print ready books like Amazon KDP books and 3D book design for book marketing. You also learn how to apply the design process to any book from any self publishing companies like Lulu, IngramSpark, Apple Books, iBooks, Barnes & Noble Press, Kobo, Smashwords, Draft2Digital and so on. These are easy to follow videos Instructions with step by step training all the way..
I will walk you through cover design process from start to finish and you will receive my individualized attention as i show you steps to build from scratch a creative and professional cover designs for books. Whether you are using Windows or Mac, you will be able to follow along just fine..
I have broken down "Book Cover Design Masterclass with Photoshop" into 7 Sections
In Section 1, I will introduce you to course and to what to expect from the video series. We'll start with introduction to the course and how to get the best from this training. I will show you the anatomy of a book cover, all the essential design details and all required elements on a book cover before we go into the practical lessons.
In section 2, i will show you the basic Photoshop tools and features required for book cover design. I will introduce you to the the basic and advanced Photoshop features used in the practical lessons. I will take you through Photoshop installation for beginners, i will walk you through the Photoshop interface, Photoshop Toolbar and tools, Photoshop preferences settings, Photoshop Workspaces and how to create your own workspace, Photoshop features every cover designer must know how to use and so on. These are features you will see me use in the practical and project lessons. I will also show you some other essential book cover design tools, browser addons and extensions. I will also take you through Color theory as the basis for the primary rules and guidelines that surround color and its used in creating pleasing visuals. By understanding color theory, you can be more intentional in creating covers that make an impact. By the end of this section, you would have learnt the required tools and features required for book cover designs.
In section 3, I am going to show you The fundamentals of a book cover design, the best book cover design guidelines and checklists, following image use guidelines, book genre font use best practices, and so on. We will cover eBook cover sizes for different eBook publishers and cover the standard eBook cover specifications for every major eBook publisher. Then i will show you how to design an eBook cover using a Kindle book cover as a practical example. I will show you how to work with all the essential Photoshop tools, how to work with shapes, photos, fonts, mask, brushes, colors, color profiles, adjustment layers, filters, how to organize your layers in an easy, professional way and finally how to save your eBook cover. Then i will show you how to design for other publisher like Apple books, Wattpad, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Draft2digital and so on.. By the end of this section, you would have learnt everything about the different requirements across Book publishing platforms and the practices recommended for you to follow when designing your digital Book cover. You will be able to design digital book cover for any book publisher.
In section 4, i will show you book cover designing process for print ready books. I will show you the major book publishing companies to work with and we will go through the book cover specifications for every of these major publishers. I will show you the design sizes and specifications for all major book genre. Then i will show you how to design book cover using Amazon KDP book as a practical example. i will show you how to create KDP template for your amazon KDP book design using the cover calculator, how to work with book sizes and trims, bleeds, how to design the front, back and spine covers of the book. We will work with images, different effects/filters, add ISBN barcodes and save your final book cover design for print.
These are well made designs that are most likely to expand your creative range in the shortest amount of time. By the end, you will be able to create quality book covers.
Then to round up this section, i will show you how to design same for other publishers like Ingramspark, Lulu, Lightning Source, Barnes and Noble, Book Baby and so on.. By the end of this section, you will be able to design print ready book cover for any publisher..
In section 5, i will show you how to design 3D book covers. We will go through how to design quality 3D book covers for book promotions. I will show and give you some of the best looking 3D templates to work with. I will show you how to create and design your own 3D book cover mockup from scratch. You will learn to design different styles of book cover mockup all from scratch. These are some advanced lessons that's going to improve your design skills greatly.
Section 6, is the projects lessons section. Here you will go through some practical lessons and put everything you have learnt so far into use. We are going to design more book covers and go through different book genres and different book cover styles. We are going to go through some cover styles like typography, photography, illustrative and minimalist design styles. And then design covers for different book genres like fiction, fantasy, action, crime, adventure, business, biography, horror, romance, children, health and fitness and so on. These are well made designs that are most likely to expand your creative range in the shortest amount of time.
In addition to the video lessons, you get all the exercise files and the PSD source files used for all the designs. You can use these resources for your own books and edit them for your clients' works. By the end, you will be able to create quality book covers for any book cover style or genre.
Finally in section 7, i round up the course. i will introduce you to more resources that will help you grow as a book cover designer or author.
By the end, you would have seen everything about book cover design and what Photoshop can do. This is no tips and tricks course. I am going to make sure you understand how book cover design with Photoshop works, how you work with it and how to bring your own designs to life. Book Cover Design Masterclass course will take you from 0 to 100, one easy to digest video at a time.
This course comes with all the Exercise files used in this course. You get Continuous Support and Updates on Book cover designs and the Photoshop design Tool. At the end, we also have some other exciting additional video content for you to improve on your book cover design skills going forward. This is a course you should have right now.
Let me give you a few more reasons to get this course!
1. With this course, you will be getting access to quality design training videos with all the Premium Resource files (PSD and JPEG files) used in the course practical lessons, so that you can download them and practice with them yourself to sharpen your design skills. You also get additional training videos from time to time to improve on your design skills.
2. This course comes with expert and continuous support, which means during or after the course if you are somehow stuck anywhere, then I will be there to answer all of your questions.
3. You get Lifetime Access to All Future Course Updates and Photoshop Updates. You get Continuous Updates on the Book cover design course as well as updates on Adobe Photoshop. New features are added to these tools from time to time and i will always update the course to meet with the changes.
4. 30 Days Money Back Guarantee. This course comes with a 30 day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied in any way, you'll get your money back with no questions asked.
Get ready for the best step by step and one on one training package. Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- For Freelance Designers who want to earn from book cover design
- For Book authors who want to create thier own stunning book cover designs to get more sales
- For students and book lovers who want to learn to design book covers
- For designers who want to learn book cover design as an added skill
- For anyone who wants to earn passive income as a book cover designer
- Anyone who wants to get out of the 9-5 job and work at their own time
- Anyone who wants to Learn the Secrets to Stunning Book-Cover Designs
Abiola Oluwasanmi is the lead team designer at Netplus Studios and has been teaching online since 2010.
In that period of time, he has taught and built a following of hundreds of thousands of inspired Designers and Animators!
He is a top selling designer and animator on some of the top Freelance websites with thousands of clients.
After becoming a successful designer and animator, be began training others.
Teaching thousands of like-minded individuals to leave their 9-5 jobs behind and free them from corporate slavery.
His trainings continue to create Success Stories all over the world for Thousands of his Students!