Book Cover Design Masterclass with Canva - Beginner to Pro
What you'll learn
- You will understand the basic and complete anatomy of a book cover, design rules and terminology
- You will learn the fundamentals of a book cover design for digital and print ready books
- Learn how to Individualize your projects to match any book you are working on
- Learn how to Develop concepts, ideas and sketches for your book cover design projects
- Learn how to Incorporate key design elements to make your book covers stand out
- You will become more confident using Canva for book cover Design and for any graphic design
- You will learn everything about the different design requirements across Book publishing platforms
- You will be able to set the proper Book Cover Sizes, Dimensions and design Specifications for any book cover based on genre or publisher
- You will learn the best book cover design guidelines and recommended best practices from start to finish
- You will know the best free resources to get images, design elemenets and fonts for your book covers without infringing upon someone else's copyright.
- You will learn how to create covers for eBook, Paperback and Hardback books using FREE Canva
- Learn how to Create Professional Print Ready Book-cover Design with Front, Back & Spine with Free Canva
- You will understand basic design theory including working with color, layout, typography, photos and more
- You will learn how to create covers for any Book Cover Design Genre
- You will learn how to stay up to date with book cover Design trends and Styles
- I will take you through the Canva Design Features, Editing Windows and Design Tools
- You will learn all about Color theory and how to use the right color combinations for pleasing visuals
- You will understand how to use the right color modes, color profile and design resolution for any book cover
- Learn how to use effects, styles and filters to create a stunning book cover design
- Learn how to design covers for any major publisher like Amazon KDP, IngramSpark, Lulu and Others
- How to use design mockups to create quality 3d book covers for book promotions
- How to Save your final digital or print ready Book cover in the proper formats, size and color mode
- No prior knowledge of Graphic Design or use of Canva is required
- You'll Need a Desktop or Laptop computer with Internet Connection
- Free Canva - Its Completely Free to Sign up
- You must be willing and eager to learn
Hello and welcome to "Book Cover Design Masterclass with Canva for Beginners" - The practical Canva Graphics Design Course with step-by-step video series on Book Cover Design with Canva using FREE Canva Graphic Design Tool. If you are an aspiring freelance book cover designer or you want to learn how to create book covers for your own books, then this is the right course for you.
By the end of the course, you would have learnt to design eBook covers with Canva for digital books like kindle, book covers for print ready books like KDP paperback books and hardback books and 3D book covers for book marketing. Whether you are using Windows or Mac, you will be able to follow along just fine..
I will walk you through Book cover design process using Free Canva from start to finish and you will receive my individualized attention as i show you steps to make a creative and professional cover for books. These are easy to follow videos Instructions with step by step training all the way..
I will be using the FREE version of Canva Graphic Editor. You don't need to pay for Canva and you won't have to pay anything to design covers for yourself or for others.
I have broken down this Canva for Beginners "Book Cover Design Masterclass" into 9 sections.
Coming up in section 1, I will introduce you to course and to what to expect from the video series. We'll start with introduction to the course and how to get the best from this training. I will introduce you the anatomy of a book cover and take you through all essential book cover designing details before we go into the practical lessons.
In section 2, I am going to show you the fundamentals of a book cover design, the best book cover design guidelines and checklists, following image use guidelines, book genre font use best practices, and so on. I will show you the different types of book covers, the general industry standard requirements and design specifications of a book cover. We are going to go through the book cover standard design practices, design specifications, cover dimensions for different book genres, How to Find Book Cover Ideas and so on.
We are also going to cover how to use and combine colors for your design. I will take you through Color theory as the basis for the primary rules and guidelines that surround color and its used in creating pleasing visuals. By understanding color theory, you can be more intentional in creating covers that make an impact. By the end of this section, you would have learnt everything about the different requirements across Book publishing platforms and the practices recommended for you to follow when designing your Book cover.
In section 3, i will introduce to Canva Book Cover Design Tool, i will cover everything about Canva from the Canva Design Interface and Features, to book cover templates, inside design tools, option bar, the canvas, Image editing and adjustment options, fonts and editing options, design elements, layers and positioning, color theory and how to use the right color combinations for your design and we will round up the section with the right way to save and export different book cover files in Canva.
In section 4, i will show you how to create covers from the thousands of templates inside Canva. I will show you how to find the right template for your book based on the book genre. At the end you will be able to create a quality design that works for your book.
In section 5, i will show you how to design eBook cover from scratch. This section covers design for electronic books. You will learn how to create eBook or digital book covers from start to finish. We will cover eBook cover sizes for different eBook publishers and i will show you how to design and work with all the essential Canva tools, how to work with shapes, photos, fonts, colors, color profiles, adjustment layers, filters, how to organize your layers in an easy, professional way and finally how to save your eBook cover.
In section 6, we will cover how to design print ready books for any book publishing company using amazon KDP book as a practical example. I will show you how to create KDP template for your Amazon KDP book design, how to work with book sizes and trims, bleeds, how to design the front, back and spine covers of the book. We will work with images, guides, different effects/filters, add barcodes and save your final book cover design for print.
In section 7, i will show you how to design 3D book covers using free Canva. We will go through how to use design mock-ups to create quality 3d book covers for book promotions. I will show you how to create the right flat design required on your 3D mock-up. This is very important when designing 3D cover in Canva.
Section 8, this is the project lessons area. This is where i give you over 15 practical lessons on different book cover design projects. I will show you how to design covers using different shapes, images, illustrations, elements and styles. These are full length videos that cover every design from start to finish.
These are well made designs that are most likely to expand your creative range in the shortest amount of time. By the end, you will be able to create quality book covers for different styles of books.
Finally in section 9, i round up the course. i will introduce you to more resources that will help you grow as a book cover designer or author.
By the end, you would have seen everything about book cover design and what Canva can do.. This is no tips and tricks course. I am going to make sure you understand how book cover design with Canva works, how you work with it and how to bring your own designs to life. This Canva Design Course will take you from 0 to 100, one easy to digest video at a time.
Let me give you a few more reasons to get this course!
1. With this course, you will be getting access to Over 70 video lessons with over 20 Practical Book Designs and 9 hours of video content and their Resource files (Resources and Final JPEG files) used in the course practical lessons. So that you can download them and practice yourself to sharpen your designing skills. Available for download with every project lesson.
2. This course comes with expert and continuous support which means during or after the course if you are somehow stuck anywhere, then I will be there to answer all of your questions related to the cause of the topic. I'll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
Get ready for the best step by step and one on one book cover training package with this Canva Master Course. So what are you waiting for, click enroll now and i will see you in lesson 1.
Who this course is for:
- For book authors who want to create their own stunning book cover designs to get more sales
- This course is for students, designers, and book lovers who want to learn to design book covers
- Anyone who wants to Learn the Secrets to Stunning Book-Cover Designs
- This course is for anyone who wants to earn passive income as a book cover designer
- Anyone who wants to get out of the 9-5 job and work at their own time
- For designers who want to learn book cover design as an added skill
Abiola Oluwasanmi is the lead team designer at Netplus Studios and has been teaching online since 2010.
In that period of time, he has taught and built a following of hundreds of thousands of inspired Designers and Animators!
He is a top selling designer and animator on some of the top Freelance websites with thousands of clients.
After becoming a successful designer and animator, be began training others.
Teaching thousands of like-minded individuals to leave their 9-5 jobs behind and free them from corporate slavery.
His trainings continue to create Success Stories all over the world for Thousands of his Students!