Start and Run a Book Club
- 37 mins on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will pick a theme for your book club
- Identify suitable locations and choose a good time for your book club to meet
- Choose books to read with your club
- Design interesting discussion questions
- Deal with any problems that arise in the management of a book club
- All you need is enthusiasm and free time!
- Do you want to read great books and talk about them with other people?
- Would you like to study a subject or read fiction on a particular theme, and make this part of your social life?
- Would you like to develop your listening skills and improve your ability to further discussion?
- Are you looking for a new activity to do with friends?
- Would you like a low-cost, structured way to socialise with new people?
- Have you always wanted to start a book club, but not been sure how to go about it?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, this is the course for you!
In Start and Run a Book Club you will learn everything you need to know to start your own book club, organise meetings, recruit members, select books, hold interesting discussions, and deal with any issues that may arise.
I will talk you through everything you need to consider when selecting a venue and choosing a time to meet. You will learn how to promote your book club offline and via social media. I'll cover the pros and cons of delegating responsibilities, and talk about whether holding book club meetings in your own home is a good idea or not!
And of course, I'll show you how to find books to read and teach you how to devise discussion questions that are relevant to the specific books that you choose.
- This course is for book lovers, or fans of lifelong learning who want to read, discuss or study with a group!
- This course is also for people who would like to read more and want a group to keep them accountable.
- This course is for people who want to broaden their network and/or meet new friends.
- This course is for people who want to improve their social skills, and would like a structured activity to help them feel comfortable talking to people.