Bobby Fischer's most instructive games of Chess 1963-1968
What you'll learn
- Be able to see the real Beth Harmon depicted in Netflix series Queen's Gambit - Beth was largely modelled on Bobby Fischer
- Be able to get more empathy for Fischer tactics and combinations
- Be able to leverage Fischer's White opening repertoire with 1.e4 which he used extensively in this period
- Be able to leverage Fischer's Black opening repertoire which was largely the Sicilian defence vs 1.e4 and the Kings Indian vs 1.d4 in this period
- Be able to see how Fischer took advantage of downsides of Opponent positions - even highly theoretical and subtle ones often with initial pawn sacrifices
- Be able to use the Kings Indian Attack system with White and Black with a great plan of overprotection and thorn pawn strategy
- Be able to see a high number of Fischer wins - Note Tal wins reserved for another course on Tal :)
- Be able to see amazing resources uncovered by the latest engine technology such as Stockfish Neural Network
- Be able to pick up opening knowledge, middlegame tactics and strategy and endgame knowledge
- Be able to appreciate the Nd5 springboard in the Ruy Lopez which was mentioned in Netflix Queen's Gambit
- Be able to know more of Fischer's games beyond My 60 memorable games and the Fischer Spassky 1972 match
- Be able to see why many Fischer's opponents lost including Tal when they had Knight vs Fischer Bishop endgames
- Be able to understand more Bobby Fischer's chess openings and how they are tailored sometimes to particular opponents in this time period
- Be able to see and appreciate the influence of Bobby Fischer's opening repertoire on Garry Kasparov with the Najdorf and King's Indian in particular
- Be able to see more subtle downsides of opponent's positions as Fischer improves even more tactically in these years
- Be able to see diversity emerge in Fischer's repertoire with different options against for example the Caro-Kann Defence
- Be able to see some absolute masterpieces Fischer played with dynamic pawn structures such as the Isolated Queen's Pawn
- Be able to put a "Fischer hat" on when those positions Fischer excelled at come in your own games
- Be able to see how Fischer often probes the opponent's position to encourage irreversible pawn moves
- Be able to see how Fischer targets structural weaknesses especially those with piece protection dependences such as backward pawns
- Knows the basic rules of chess and how the pieces move
Immerse yourself in the world of chess legend Bobby Fischer with this in-depth analysis of his groundbreaking games from 1963 to 1968. Delve into Fischer's diverse opening repertoire, examine his tactical prowess, and learn from his innovative strategies.
Guided by FIDE CM Kingscrusher, this course meticulously dissects Fischer's games, revealing insightful points and instructive maneuvers. This journey will not only introduce you to Fischer's tactics and strategies but will also enhance your understanding of chess as a whole.
The course offers:
Comprehensive Analysis of Fischer's Opening Systems: Uncover the secrets behind Fischer's use of 1.e4 with White, his formidable strategies against various defenses, and his pioneering approach to the Sicilian Defense, Ruy Lopez, Caro-Kann, and more.
In-Depth Examination of Fischer's Black Pieces Strategy: Discover Fischer's expertise in the Sicilian Najdorf, his combative approach to 1.d4 with the King's Indian Defense, and his occasional forays into the Nimzo Indian Defense and Modern Benoni Defense.
Tactics and Strategies in the Middlegame: Fischer's tactical brilliance often led to swift victories, with games lasting under 30 moves. Understand how Fischer created devastating attacks and tactical combinations that left his opponents defenseless.
Mastering the Endgames: Fischer's endgames, particularly Bishop vs. Knight, were unparalleled in their precision and elegance. Learn how to transition into such endgames with confidence.
The Indomitable Will to Win: Experience Fischer's unmatched determination to succeed, a trait that often saw him play through multiple adjournments to secure the win.
By studying Fischer's games, you will not only gain insight into the mind of one of the greatest chess players of all time but will also improve your own play by understanding his approach to the game. This course is a unique opportunity to learn from Fischer's genius, enriching your chess skills and fostering a deeper appreciation for the game.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate Chess players
Dive deep into the intellectual universe of chess with Tryfon Gavriel, famously known to enthusiasts as "Kingscrusher." Beyond my titles as a FIDE Candidate Master and British Regional Chess Master, I am a dedicated chess educator, committed to spreading knowledge and passion for the game.
Decades of Strategic Pursuits My engagement with chess is a 35-year-long odyssey marked by competitive achievements both online and offline, including a peak ICC blitz rating of 2625 and an exceptional ECF grading of 212. My early triumph in the Lloyds Under 18 national UK tournament back in 1989 set the stage for a life steeped in chess, culminating in numerous top finishes in Lichess marathons and more.
Udemy's Chess Luminary While I once enjoyed sharing insights and high-level analysis on my YouTube channel, my current passion lies in crafting comprehensive chess courses for Udemy. My dedication has been recognized with the "highest-rated" award for my detailed course on José Raúl Capablanca's strategies and the "Best Seller" accolade for my "Complete Guide to Chess Tactics," which garnered widespread acclaim shortly after its debut.
Pedagogy that Transforms Teaching chess goes beyond explaining moves on a board. For me, it's about igniting a passion for the sport and developing a deep, enduring understanding of strategic thinking and tactical decision-making. Drawing inspiration from chess titans like Paul Morphy, Alexander Alekhine, Mikhail Tal, Bobby Fischer, and Garry Kasparov, my courses offer more than knowledge—they provide a window into the minds of chess's greatest masters.
Your Journey Towards Chess Mastery My offerings on Udemy are designed for learners at all stages of their chess journey. Whether you're just starting or seeking advanced strategies, my courses are a gateway to deeper comprehension and appreciation of chess. Through meticulously designed lessons, I aim to equip you with the skills, confidence, and strategic acumen to elevate your game.
Join me in this exploration of chess, delving into the intricacies that make it a timeless classic. With each lesson, we'll unravel the complexities and joys of chess, fostering not just better players, but lifelong enthusiasts.