Bobbin Lace Supplies
- An interest in learning about traditional bobbin lace making.
In this short course, you will learn what bobbin lace supplies you need to get started making lace. Where to get them or how to make them yourself. The lace kit you create will help you get started and will stay with you as you progress in your lace creations. You will also become familiar with our learning platform and be able to ask questions as you get ready to learn.
We look forward to sharing our love of lace with you.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning Bobbin Lace students.
- Those who love to do hand work.
- Anyone who would like to learn how to make lace.
- 04:26Bobbin lace pillow (board)
- 01:09Bobbin lace pillow (board)
- 00:42Bobbin Lace Bobbins
- 04:23Linen Thread
- 00:20Linen Thread Article
- 00:15Pins Article
- 00:54Crochet Hook
- 00:29Crochet Hook Article
- 01:40Pin Lift
- 00:25Pin Lift Article
- 02:43DIY Bobbin Kit with yarn and clothes pins
- 05:19Extras Different sizes of Threads and adjusting the size of your pattern
- 01:01Extras Article
Thank you for joining us. My name is Sharon. Thirty seven years ago, while living in Brussels Belgium, I was given the opportunity of receiving four years of instruction in the art of making bobbin lace from a very gifted Flemish lace instructor. She had a deep love and appreciation for this art form, and a desire to teach this technique to others in order to help keep lace making alive. I knew after my first lesson that I wanted to learn all I could while I had the opportunity. After returning to the States I have had many opportunities to teach others in the art of making this beautiful lace. Making the lace can bring hours of relaxation, joy and the feeling of accomplishment. When you look at your beautiful master piece it is very fulfilling. Special friends and family love receiving these beautiful gifts. At this time I would like to pass this knowledge on to you and welcome you to join me in my bobbin lace online classes.