Blues Guitar Lessons for Beginners
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Standard 12 bar blues progression
- Pentatonic scale
- 13 backing tracks included
- Basic chords to play in a blues song
- Blues style chords in various keys
- Hammer ons, pull offs, slides, etc
- How to play the first 12 bars of a famous blues song
- Blues guitar riffs to play a full song
- Understand your instrument
- How to hold your guitar
- This course is for beginners whether you have never played or have some basic experience
- You need a guitar! And internet and electronic device to watch! 😊
- The willingness to put in the time and effort to become better. The ‘woodshedding’ as we call it. This course won’t magically make you a solid player, but it will point you in the right direction with the right mind set and attitude. Do this and you will become a much better player than you are today.
- A phone to record yourself playing to the background tracks. (if you want to participate in this exercise)
- A computer with speakers to access the videos, download course content and playback the backing tracks.
The course is for anyone to begin playing blues. Whether you are new to guitar or you have a bit of experience this course can teach you the tools to practice to move on to more intermediate and advanced techniques that can eventually get you on stage jamming at your local blues jam.
Everyone has to start somewhere. I remember as a kid sitting in my dads garage playing for hours and hours to build the confidence to move on to the next guitar challenge. Whether you take this course or not, always stay focused and don't listen to any negativity about how you sound. Everyone has it in them to do.
The one thing I can't teach you is, experience!
I will teach you many of the things I have learned over the past 30+ years. 20+ years of which I toured with and opened for major blues artists at countless blues clubs and major blues festivals.
I hope you enjoy the course!
Cheers to the blues – James ‘Buddy’ Rogers.
- Anyone who loves the blues and wants to start playing blues guitar
- A love for blues music and a good attitude!
How to hold your guitar, place your hands and get comfortable with your guitar
Learn how to see chords as numbers to transpose keys and easily play in any key and understand chord changes quickly
Learn a cool rhythm riff that changes the sound of a standard blues and allows you to play with other guitar players in a more melodic way
Learn to use your palm to mute strings and learn to muffle strings to play rhythms
Begin learning to play a song where you play some lead and rhythm around a 12 bar blues