Blues Guitar Lessons for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Standard 12 bar blues progression
- Pentatonic scale
- 13 backing tracks included
- Basic chords to play in a blues song
- Blues style chords in various keys
- Hammer ons, pull offs, slides, etc
- How to play the first 12 bars of a famous blues song
- Blues guitar riffs to play a full song
- Understand your instrument
- How to hold your guitar
- This course is for beginners whether you have never played or have some basic experience
- You need a guitar! And internet and electronic device to watch! 😊
- The willingness to put in the time and effort to become better. The ‘woodshedding’ as we call it. This course won’t magically make you a solid player, but it will point you in the right direction with the right mind set and attitude. Do this and you will become a much better player than you are today.
- A phone to record yourself playing to the background tracks. (if you want to participate in this exercise)
- A computer with speakers to access the videos, download course content and playback the backing tracks.
The course is for anyone to begin playing blues. Whether you are new to guitar or you have a bit of experience this course can teach you the tools to practice to move on to more intermediate and advanced techniques that can eventually get you on stage jamming at your local blues jam.
Everyone has to start somewhere. I remember as a kid sitting in my dads garage playing for hours and hours to build the confidence to move on to the next guitar challenge. Whether you take this course or not, always stay focused and don't listen to any negativity about how you sound. Everyone has it in them to do.
The one thing I can't teach you is, experience!
I will teach you many of the things I have learned over the past 30+ years. 20+ years of which I toured with and opened for major blues artists at countless blues clubs and major blues festivals.
I hope you enjoy the course!
Cheers to the blues – James ‘Buddy’ Rogers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who loves the blues and wants to start playing blues guitar
- A love for blues music and a good attitude!
James ‘Buddy’ Rogers is an active professional blues musician. With over 16 award nominations including a Canadian JUNO (the US GRAMMY equivalent in Canada) James has toured and opened for many blues legends such as BB King, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Jimmie Vaughan, Elvin Bishop, Katie Webster, Powder Blues, etc. as well as some rock legends like Trooper, April Wine, Darby Mills & the Headpins and more! The list can go on and on. James began playing clubs at age 13 and has toured all over North America and parts of Europe playing blues clubs and major festivals under his own name and with BB King’s bandmates when they were not performing with BB. To this day James continues to record and share the stage with top notch blues players from around the world.