Bluegrass Guitar Essentials: Webisodes 7 & 8
What you'll learn
- Learn several practice tips to help you better retain the knowledge of the scale shapes covered in the course
- Some practice tips include: stretching, playing scales in multiple octaves, setting practice goals, and more
- Which scales to practice if you're short on time
- The main differences between the Major and Minor Pentatonic scales and how to get from Major to Minor with a simple position shift
- How to play the Minor Pentatonic scales in the "Three Essential Keys" and transpose them to different keys
- A thorough summary of all the scales covered in this course and those covered in Webisodes 5 & 6 (Major and Major Pentatonic)
- A basic level of understanding of how to play guitar (basic chords, a few songs, basic strumming concepts, etc.)
- An interest in improvising on the guitar, wanting to better coordinate your left and right hands, and a desire to become a better player than you are right now
- It is recommended (but not required) that you begin with Webisodes 1 & 2, then progress through the remainder of the course in order to more fully comprehend these and future Bluegrass Guitar Essentials lessons.
- It is also recommended that you check out Webisodes 5 & 6 before proceeding with Webisodes 7 & 8 to gain a more thorough understanding of scales to aid in your fretboard memorization
"Another EXCELLENT course. I completed previous course and this one is just as good if not better. Best tuition I have ever had. Thank you, Eric. Just finished this course and it is EXCELLENT. I obviously will need to go back over several bits, but it has been so useful. Thanks again." - KEITH, UDEMY STUDENT, WEBISODES 5&6
"I like the modesty and teaching speed of the instructor." - SHOOTER, UDEMY STUDENT, WEBISODES 1&2
"This is without doubt, the BEST course I have ever done. BRILLIANT, Eric. Thank you so much. I have already purchased some of the next courses and there is so much to learn. Worth EVERY penny (or dollar in the U.S.)." - KEITH, UDEMY STUDENT, WEBISODES 3&4
In Webisodes 7 & 8: Practice Tips, Minor Scales, & Scale Summaries I'll show you:
- Some of the best tips I've found to help you practice the scales you've learned so far, as well as the scales covered in this part of the course. (8 practice tips in all!)
- How to use the Minor and Minor Pentatonic Scales in the "Three Essential Keys."
- "Short Scale" variations on the Minor and Minor Pentatonic scales for authentic Bluegrass Guitar sounds and faster playing.
- A special BONUS section on how to switch from Major to Minor scales as well as some great tips on the topic.
If you really want to be able to play Bluegrass Guitar, you'll need to know how to play and apply the Minor scales for that "Bluesy" sound that Bluegrass guitar is famous for. In these webisodes I'll show you how and give you tons of great ideas on practicing in general as well as practicing scales, setting practice goals, and how to change effortlessly from Major to Minor.
"Obviously a very passionate and technically skilled musician, that [is] able to pass on his knowledge in the old-fashioned way, from person to person." - ALLEN, UDEMY STUDENT, WEBISODES 11&12
"Absolutely BRILLIANT. This is opening up a whole new world on how to move up the fretboard." - KEITH, UDEMY STUDENT, WEBISODES 13, 14, & 15
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn and understand how to apply scales to their playing
- Anyone who has always wanted to learn how to improvise on the guitar
- Anyone who wants to learn how to shift from Major scales to Minor scales and vice-versa for ultimate flexibility in their improvising
- For an overview of the entire Bluegrass Guitar Essentials series, check out the Free Webisodes 1 & 2 course here on Udemy.
Eric Beaty been teaching guitar online since YouTube first became popular back in 2007 and has amassed a subscriber base of over 16,000, with over 4 million lifetime views.
Inspired by the feedback he has received from his YouTube videos over the years, Eric has, to date, completed three MASSIVE guitar courses entitled Texas Blues Guitar by Eric Beaty, Bluegrass Guitar Essentials, and Bluegrass Guitarpeggios. In addition, he released an additional course for a popular writing software called Scrivener entitled Fixing Scrivener Compiling Headaches.
Eric plans to host many more courses in the future right here on Udemy. His primary desire is to help others enjoy the benefits of learning new skills.