Blue Biotechnology for you!
- No prerequisites are required
This course aims to provide students with an understanding of marine biotechnology. The students will gain basic knowledge of the ocean at large, what drivers that are important in the oceans and which crucial functions influence the ocean production. The students will learn about the Baltic Sea in more detail, what makes the ocean a unique habitat and the challenges it is facing. The course introduces students to marine biotechnology and they will be provided with an overview of the marine resources that are important in this field. The students will be presented some interesting and important applications of marine biotechnology.
- Entrepreneurs looking for new opportunities in marine biotechnology
- Students in biology, technology, engineering and marine science
- Those interested in marine biotech
- The Ocean14:23
- Additional materials00:06
- The Ocean6 questions
- The Baltic Sea13:21
- Additional materials00:08
- The Baltic Sea11 questions
- Marine Biotechnology10:32
- Additional materials00:05
- Marine Biotechnology5 questions
The project involves five partners from Lithuania (2), Sweden (1), Poland (1) and Denmark (1). The partnership is composed of the universities and a business college. The partners are supported by associated partners (biotechnology association, association of distance and e-learning as well as tourist information organisations). The project is led by the Klaipeda University from Lithuania.
The overall idea of the project is to enable the exchange of knowledge and transfer of good practice from R&D sector to practitioners in marine biotechnology, marine/coastal tourism sectors as well as to students searching for education in a given field.