Blue Based Solutions
- No prerequisites are required
The course Blue-based solutions enables the student to gain knowledge in marine biotechnology and why the marine environment hold great potential. Students will gain knowledge in how marine organisms can be utilized in novel products and processes. The students will understand how blue-based solutions could be a tool to more efficiently utilize marine organisms and habitats. The course will provide the students with insight to an up-and-running blue-based project and understand how microalgae can help solve challenges caused by anthropogenic impact. The student will gain an understanding in how academia and industry can work together to help some of our biggest environmental challenges.
- Entrepreneurs looking for new opportunities in marine biotechnology
- Students in biology, technology, engineering and marine science
- Those interested in marine biotech
- Blue-Based Solutions #115:58
- Blue-Based Solutions #215:25
- Blue-Based Solutions10 questions
- Cleaning the air #110:55
- Cleaning the air #210:12
- Cleaning the air7 questions
- Cleaning the water #108:31
- Cleaning the water #212:33
- Cleaning the water12 questions
The project involves five partners from Lithuania (2), Sweden (1), Poland (1) and Denmark (1). The partnership is composed of the universities and a business college. The partners are supported by associated partners (biotechnology association, association of distance and e-learning as well as tourist information organisations). The project is led by the Klaipeda University from Lithuania.
The overall idea of the project is to enable the exchange of knowledge and transfer of good practice from R&D sector to practitioners in marine biotechnology, marine/coastal tourism sectors as well as to students searching for education in a given field.