Blogging for Coaches, Consultants and Educators
What you'll learn
- Plan out content for the next quarter for your blog
- Plan and write five different types of post
- Perfect the style of writing to use online as approriate for your audience
- Use sources in an engaging way to increase authority while writing for a general audience
- Write engaging story posts relevant to your educational, coaching or consulting blog
- Confidently edit and proofread your posts
- Learn where to include your keywords on your website to improve SEO (search engine optimisation) and grow your web traffic.
- Get started with SEO and be found on Google by implementing SEO fundamentals
- A website and knowledge of how to post is an advantage, but not essential as you will write posts that you will also be able to use as guest posts on other people's blogs or sites like Medium.
- No blog writing experience needed.
The beginner's course to writing blog posts that engage your audience and position you as the go-to expert in your field.
This course takes you step-by-step through the blog planning and writing process.
You’ll nail your topics and decide on the best posts for your educational business.
You'll learn about style, structure and voice in online writing.
You'll have the confidence to write different types of posts that are suitable for your online audience.
You'll learn how to share expert content and tell relevant and compelling stories.
AND, I won’t just teach you how to write your posts, but the course design allows you to follow simple exercises to get the work done.
1. Planning and focus
2. Crafting & structuring posts
3. Compelling story posts
4. Style and voice in online writing
5. Profile posts
6. Review posts
7. Adding value with embedded posts
8. Using sources & writing for a general audience
9. Editing and proofreading your posts
An implementation workbook with step-by-step exercises
Guide on where to include keywords on your post for SEO (search engine optimisation)
A guide to writing engaging titles for your posts
Editing and proofreading checklist
What a previous student has to say:
Lizzy is a thoughtful teacher with relevant, easy to understand content and valuable practice steps for true learning and implementation. Her course took me from zero knowledge of blogging to a published blog and stockpile of posts ready to be published!
Lara Kitts, special needs mama
Who this course is for:
- Coaches, consultants and educators who want to start a blog for their business
Dr Lizzy Tanguay is the founder of Lizzy Tanguay Writing Coaching where she helps coaches, educators and consultants to publish their writing and make an impact by sharing their knowledge.
Lizzy is a qualified adult educator with 18 years’ experience teaching writing at universities in the UK and Europe, a PhD in applied educational linguistics, and a Master’s in translation. She is a Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy in the UK and has blogged and published with Macmillan (now Bloomsbury). She also has her own blog about writing and coaching.