Blogging for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Choose and use the right blogging platform
- Post blog entries, complete with photos, videos, and other multimedia
- Maintain and promote their blog(s)
- Create, design, and name a blog
- Reach a desired audience with specific content
- Relate and interact with bloggers worldwide
- Utilize SEO tactics, social media channels, and other marketing methods to promote their blog(s)
- Be able to maintain a successful web endeavor (for hobby or for business)
- You can start this course without even knowing what a blog is — don't worry, I'll explain it! All you need is an internet connection and we'll go over everything from there, together.
Learn the basic concepts, tools, and functions that you will need to create a living, successful blog.
This class covers the blogging world from all angles, including:
- How to choose the blog platform for your blogging needs
- Best practices for writing & publishing entries
- Techniques for promoting & maintaining your new blog
- Ways to interact with bloggers around the globe
- Information on advertising opportunities & affiliate programs to earn money
While emphasizing the content of your very own blog, this class will also hone your skills at:
- Utilizing your blog platform to its fullest potential
- Applying design techniques to further communicate your ideas to readers
Learn the ins and outs of three blogging platforms, including Wordpress, BlogSpot, and Tumblr. You will also encounter other bloggers and complete assignments to ensure your experience in this class is helpful in the blogging world.
Take this course if:
- You have a curiosity about blogs and the blogosphere
- You have a desire to create and a need for an outlet
- You have a passion you wish to share with the world
- You have a business you're looking to promote
- You have a hobby you want to make money from
- You're looking for a way to communicate on a global level
- You've started a blog but need direction and/or promotional help
Who this course is for:
- Blogging for Beginners is truly meant for beginners looking to start a blog. If you've started a blog, but are looking for tips on what to write, or how to promote it, you can still benefit from this course. If you're already a blogging pro, this course is probably old hat to you!
Holly A. Phillips is a writer, blogger, and an SEO Analyst living in Austin, Texas. After earning a Bachelor's in Creative Writing from Louisiana State University, she started her first blog. Ten years later, she's created several successful blogs with followers around the world. She has also written and published four books from her online content in the blogging world. Blogging for Beginners is also taught at the University of Texas at Austin.