Blockchain Theory 101
- You should be interested in blockchain technology
Executives, strategists, CTOs, IT professionals, developers and other interested parties will gain an understanding of blockchain technology (including mining, consensus algorithms, smart property, and smart contracts). The current status of blockchain technology, potential applications in Financial Services, Logistics, Healthcare, Energy, and IoT, and next steps regarding its deployment in your organization are discussed.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about blockchain technology
- Welcome to Blockchain Theory 101!00:25
- Revolutionary Impact of Blockchain Technology00:41
- Definition of Blockchain Technology02:46
- Smartnetworks: the Larger Context of Blockchain02:16
- Hierarchy is not scalable: Blockchain is necessary01:55
- Long-tail economic and governance systems01:43
Melanie Swan is a Philosopher and Economic Theorist at the New School University in New York NY. She is the author of Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy. Her education includes an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and a BA in French and Economics from Georgetown University. She is a faculty member at Singularity University.