Blockchain For Kids
What you'll learn
- Define the evolution of the internet from Web 1.0, Web 2.0 to Web 3.0, including the features and challenges of each.
- Understand the basic concepts of blockchain technology, including their features and how they differ from databases
- Explain the structure of a block, how blocks are connected, and how the hash is created
- Understand the importance of consensus mechanisms in blockchain technology, including proof of work and proof of stake.
- Define the concept of peer-to-peer networks and how they are utilised in blockchain technology.
- Understand the role of smart contracts, cryptography, encryption, private and public keys in securing blockchain transactions.
- Define different types of crypto assets, including cryptocurrencies, tokens, and NFTs.
- Understand the role of a crypto wallet and how to use it for storing and managing different types of crypto assets.
- Create NFTs, Crypto wallets and understand how crypto trading is done
- Explore the use cases and challenges of blockchain technology, as well as its current state and potential future developments in the world.
- No prior experience or knowledge is needed
- Should be 10 to 18 years old
In this blockchain course for kids, students will learn about the evolution of the internet from Web 1.0 to Web 3.0, and the challenges and opportunities presented by each version. They will explore the basics of databases and how they relate to blockchain technology. They will gain an understanding of how blockchain works and the differences between blockchain and traditional databases.
Students will also learn about the various components of a blockchain, including hashes, consensus mechanisms, and peer-to-peer networks. They will discover the different types of blockchain, including public, private, and consortium, and understand the role of smart contracts in executing agreements on the blockchain.
In addition, the course will cover the basics of cryptography, including encryption, and private & public keys. Under crypto assets, students will learn about cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ether, and explore the concept of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). They will also discover how to use a crypto wallet, create their own NFTs and explore crypto exchanges.
Throughout the course, subject matters are explained with easy-to-understand examples, visual demonstrations and hands-on activities.
Finally, the course will examine the current state of blockchain technology and its use cases and challenges in the world today. By the end of the course, students will have a solid understanding of blockchain technology and its potential for changing the world.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for students aged 10 to 18 who are interested to explore blockchain and related concepts
- Absolute beginners to blockchain technology are welcome to enroll with an understanding this is a course specifically made for kids
Meu Labs is an open and collaborative learning environment designed to revolutionize STEAM education using Project-based Learning.
Learn how to learn: Our ecosystem caters to unique and creative young learners and is a place where they can master the techniques of learning and acquiring knowledge while they tackle various projects, custom-built around specific learning objectives.
Our Learners can acquire career-focused skills and essential human skills from a young age, and get exposure to a curriculum that is inspired by world-class Institutions like the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA and Elon Musk's Ad Astra.
An educational approach that encourages creative thinking and nurtures young learners. Here at Meu Labs, you can experience a glimpse of the future of education.