Blender 2.8: create photorealistic materials procedurally
What you'll learn
- learn how to use material nodes in blender
- learn how to create photorealistic pbr materials procedurally using material nodes
- learn about blending modes such as mix, screen, multiply, add etc.
- learn about the importance of texture coordinates and how they apply to procedural materials
- At the end of the course students have a much deeper understanding of how procedural textures in blender work
- blender 2.8
Learn how to create photorealistic pbr materials in the node editor procedurally. Procedural textures are extremely useful because unlike image based textures procedural textures can be configured in a lot of ways, they don't have limited resolution and they can be customized to your preference. This course will teach you everything you need to know when creating procedural materials using a pbr workflow.
Everything in the course is organized into individual sections with a step-by-step approach to the techniques I used. All of the project files created in the course are included in the project files in the last section of the course. This course has lots of information and at the end of the course you will be able to create highly detailed procedural materials with ease.
Who this course is for:
- blender users who are interested in learning about how nodes work
- blender users who want to create photorealistic materials procedurally without requiring image textures
I am a 3d modeller and create and edit procedural and image based textures in blender. I have experience creating 3d models using a pbr workflow and have used blender for around 10 years. Every day I learn something new about blender and it's amazing how powerful this software is.