Blender Cyberpunk in Unity HDRP
What you'll learn
- Create professional 3D models in Blender
- UV unwrapping in Blender
- High definition texturing in Substance Painter
- Using emissive textures in Substance Painter
- Exporting HDRP textures for Unity
- Modular layout of buildings in Unity
- Create a full city scene in Unity
- High Quality reflections in Unity
- Setting up realistic lighting in Unity using the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP)
- At least 5GB of free hard drive space
- PC, Mac or Linux computer
- Download Blender 2.8.2 free online
- Download a 30 day trial of Substance Painter 2019.3
- Download Unity 2019 free online
Cyberpunk is a vibrant, exciting and neon drenched game environment appearing in more and more video games.
In this series I am going to show you a professional production process for creating both low poly and high poly modular game assets for creating a cyberpunk city for use in the Unity High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP)
We will be modelling in Blender 2.82, where I will be showing you lots of cool techniques, shortcuts and best practices. We will be UV unwrapping the models to ensure we get high quality professional results.
We then jump over to Substance Painter 2019, one of the leading procedural texturing applications used in the game design industry today. I will be showing you how to create 4K multi layered materials that have that wow factor and the realism that is expected in today's game industry. We will also be covering opacity layers and emission channels for the neon glows.
Finally we take our optimised low poly 3D models with High Definition texture maps into Unity and set up and render a realistic scene using the HDRP settings in Unity which have some of the most realistic and impressive lighting and rendering capabilities in any game engine at the moment.
By the end of this course you will be very confident with making and texturing your own game objects. You will have an impressive piece you can include in your game design portfolios.
So why not enrol today and I look forward to seeing you in my course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn how to model, texture and present professional 3D models in the Unity game engine
- Designers and visual artists who want to break into the game design industry
- People who want to learn game design and 3D modelling
I am a qualified teacher and I have been teaching game design for over 9 years. I have been using Unity since 2013 and I have produced a series of courses showing people how to create games and animations using this game engine.
With over 40,000 students from over 157 Countries around the world, my courses are helping people learn and create at the same time.
I am completely dedicated to helping you on your learning journey. If you have any questions or require any help I am always available and will respond quickly.