- Blender (Free software download available for Mac or PC)
In this Blender course, you will learn the basics of modeling, animation, rigging, lighting, and camera techniques. These easy step-by-step tutorials will show you how to create your own unique animations.
Whether you want to create 3D or 2D animations, “Blender Basics” is the ideal online class. Other topics include how to create particles and how to render your animations.
If you're interested in learning Blender to start your career in 3D animation or if you want to create a unique video to promote your business or if you want to spice up your YouTube page, this class can help you realize your creative goals.
Who this course is for:
- Animators, filmmakers, designers, and artists who wants to learn how to use 3D software
- Blender Beginners
- 10:17Navigating the Blender Interface
- 06:11Viewing your scene from different angles and perspectives
- 03:00How to use the camera in 3D
- 03:22Rotate and scale objects
- 07:24Using edit mode to model in 3D
- 04:32Duplicating objects
- 05:19Extrude objects to model shapes
- 05:11How to mirror objects
- 05:51Grouping objects together
- 09:41Rigging models with bones
- 08:04Changing object colors with materials
- 08:34How to animate
- 02:43How to create particles
- 02:44How to render a scene
- 04:30Add lights to a scene
- 04:21Turn a 3D animation into a 2D animation
- 7 questionsThe Basics of Blender
I have always had a passion for the arts and technology. I am also a life-long educator and entrepreneur. My technology expertise includes Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere, Flash, Final Cut Pro, 3D Max, Blender, Microsoft Office, iWork Office Suite and Screenflow. I am also an Apple developer with 13 published iPhone and iPad apps.
I'm proficient in HTML, CSS and ActionScript. I have over 20 years of experience with Apple & Windows operating systems. I was introduced to computers in elementary school and it marked the beginning of a love affair that changed my life.
My work experience includes MTV, Nickelodeon, Land Rover USA, and the Specs Howard School of Media Arts. I am a graduate of the International Academy of Design & Technology in Chicago. I got my Associate Degree in Interactive Media.
I won the award for Best African American Filmmaker at the Brooklyn Film Festival for my short digital animation "la Revolution." I also wrote and produced the feature film "Sweeter Without Sugar" that was screened by the American Diabetes Association for a special diabetes awareness event. I have also written and produced several plays including the Off-Broadway sold-out production of my debut play, "Passing."
My specialties include public speaking, creative writing, 2D & 3D animation, sculpture and painting.