Blender 3D - The Fundamentals of Applying Materials
What you'll learn
- How to apply a material to an object
- Be able to utilise blenders data block system to apply materials to multiple objects and create a material library
- Create UV maps for basic objects using smart UV project and seams
- Apply an image texture onto any object in both blender render and cycles render
- Basic knowledge of modelling is advisable before enrolling on the course
- Students will be comfortable with the blender interface before taking the course
- A keyboard with a numpad and a three button mouse are highly recomended tools when using blender in any capacity
Welcome to this fundamentals of applying materials to objects in Blender 3D. This course is a beginners level course for those who have never created materials or textures in blender before or those who might find that they are struggling with the process. In 'Blender 3D - The Fundamentals of Applying Materials' we will be covering the core aspects of how the material process works in blender and how to apply any material to an object.
- Creating new materials
- Creating data blocks
- Changing the base (diffuse colour)
- Naming materials
- Preventing unused materials form being deleted
- How to create UV maps with seams or the smart UV project tool
- Apply an image texture to a material using both blender render and cycles render
Who this course is for:
- Beginner blender users looking to increase knowledge in using the application
- 3D artists who want to be able to begin creating materials for there creations
Hello, my name is Joe Baily and I am a Udemy instructor who specialises in computer graphics software and sport coaching, quite a combination I know. I have been involved in computer graphics for several years where I have developed my skill sets in asset creation, 3D modelling, animation, game creation using tools such as Blender, Adobe, Gimp etc.
In addition I have also gained a great deal of knowledge in the field of computer coding with languages such as C++, java and HTML. On the flip side of this I have also worked as a sports coach as my official profession where I have worked in multiple environments from schools to sports clubs to summer camps. I have over 10 years experience in sport coaching and have coached football, tennis and athletics amongst many other sports.