Blender 3D - Model and texture a stylised shield!
What you'll learn
- Workflow for creating low poly 3d models.
- 3D modelling approach and tricks.
- Modelling with non destructive modifiers.
- UV Unwrapping.
- Using displacement maps.
- High resolution sculpting using multi-resolution modifier.
- Adding sculpt details like cracks and damage using alpha brushes.
- Baking high poly details onto normal map.
- Creating Mesh maps like Ambient occlusion and Curvature.
- Texturing using PBR workflow.
- Lighting and Rendering.
- Creating a turntable for presentation.
- Single software workflow from start to finish.
- Blender Software Installed
- Basic Knowledge Of Blender
Low poly assets are in great demand in the gaming and realtime visualization industry. In this class, let's learn to create a low poly model of a stylised shield in blender. We will be modelling, sculpting, texturing, baking in blender.
The class begins with modelling from a plane. Then we look into the other steps like sculpting and texturing. You will get to learn some of the core concepts of creating 3D assets like the best tips for modelling, sculpting and baking high poly details into a low poly model.
Also we will finish by adding lights and camera to extract a quick render and 360 animation of the shield to showcase it in the best possible way.
Why you should take this class -
This class outlines strong foundations on 3D asset creation.
This class shows a fun way to learn the 3D asset creation process.
Low poly asset creation is in demand as the gaming and realtime industry is growing.
I have shared some of my best tips and techniques for creating such models in blender.
You can use the techniques shown in this class to create your own stylised low poly 3D asset.
Enrol Now! Let's Get Started. Thank you:)
Who this course is for:
- If you are aspiring to be a 3D artist in games or in realtime visualization.
- If you are someone who wants to know the workflow of creating low poly 3D assets.
- If you are an artist using any other 3D software package and want to know the blender way.
- If you want to know the possible asset creation workflows using blender.
I am a CG Artist with a passion towards creating high quality 3D images. I specialize in photo realistic 3D content. I have worked with various brands and creative agencies to create visually compelling images for brand communications, brand strategy, packaging, product, advertising and promotional images.
I am always keen to learn new skills and develop myself along with my connections throughout my journey. Through CGI I look forward to serve brands, businesses and creative individuals with stunning visuals that create impact in this visually cluttered world.
I love to make meaningful connections in the creative community. Currently with my partner Cloudia, we run an independent consultancy for creating great visuals.