Blender 3d basics: an intuitive approach
- One should be able to install Blender 2.7x on his own. Also, the recordings have been shot on a PC so if you are a MAC or linux user, you need to adjust the keys accordingly (eg- command instead of control).
This is the age of information. There are a lot of videos online about learning the basics of Blender. But I discovered over the years that most of them preach about tips and tricks to make a very specific object or item. 3D modelling is a trial and error process. One should be aware of not just how to operate the software but also about how to approach an unknown situation. This is what I mean when I say "intuitiveness". One must experience different kind of challenges in order to develop that intuitiveness.
I used to learn about 3D modelling from books and though it took a long time to learn from them, I learnt that in the long term it was better than do it quickly videos. The differences was the richness of the content in books. Now in this course, I have tried to develop not just your 3D skills but also your ability to develop approaches for different kind of scenarios, which makes it a lot richer than the traditional set of how to videos.
In this course, we will go through
- Basic functions in Blender and the user interface
-The process of blocking everything with basic shapes.
-Then we will model different kind of meshes in edit mode.
- Then we will learn how to make different kind of materials and compare them with one another
- We will also learn how to map and mask different textures into one another
- We will learn the basics of using modifiers
-Then there is the final project in which all the skills learnt will be tested
- And ultimately there is the Ultimate beginners challenge that requires a lot of creative thinking to solve
So if you pass the ultimate challenge by yourself, you are already pretty good at this and you should continue in the field.
Nonetheless I hope you enjoy this course. I will keep uploading new videos as and when required.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested can take this course.
- 03:03Add and Delete Stuff
- 02:44The Big 3 - grab, rotate and scale...
- 13:37Hal The Snowman
I am a 3D artist who works in Blender. Over the years I have worked both as a freelancer and as an employee for many companies and was involved in projects at a professional level. I believe my experiences can help students learn better. Currently I am working on the destruction physics of buildings to be made for a storm simulation game.