Blender for 3D Printing - Intro to Flexible Design (102)
What you'll learn
- Theory of 3D Designing for a 3D Print
- Beginner Prototyping for 3D Printed Products
- 3D Printing Tool Box - Blender Add On
- Basics of 3D Modeling for 3D Printer
- Basics to Box Modeling
- Design Fundamentals for 3D Printing
- Basics to Practical Designing
- Blender Overview
- Blender Introduction & 3D Printing Workflow
- Bool Tool - Blender Add On
- Basics to Adaptive & Flexible Design
- How to Design for No Rafts & No Supports
- How to build "Flexible" Design Projects
- FREE Download of Blender - 3D software
- Ruler or Calipers
- PC, Mac, or Linux Computer
This course is the 2nd Course of my Blender 2.8 for 3D Printing that will get you started with your 3D Print Design future! In this course we'll be diving a little deeper into flexible design workflows and getting you more comfortable with the process.
Goal: This course is all about learning how to be a flexible designer. By teaching you three different workflows in lithophanes, 3d printed vases, and custom rings, you'll learn how to really start thinking about design structure for your prints.
Flexible Pottery Designs
Let's learn how to be a flexible designer. The workflow for 3D Vases will teach you the lathe tool as well as get in more modifier practice.
Rings with Custom Text
Let's learn how to measure a real-world object (your finger)! We'll also learn how to plan for a product in 3D space. Adding 3D text is just the cherry on top of this ring project.
Intro to Lithophanes
Let's gain the power of the displace modifier and the bool tool. You'll also get more practice with the 3D Print Tool Box.
Watch Time: 1 hour 23 mins
Design Estimate: 3 hrs
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Intro to the Displacement Modifier
Into to working with Curves
Intro to the Lathe Tool
Intro to Practical Measurements
Intro to working w/ Images & Text
Access to Lesson & File Downloads
Access to the Designer's Discord
Who this course is for:
- Someone who wants to become a Professional 3D Print Designer.
- Someone who wants to begin their journey towards their future career.
- Those who want to join an online community of 3D Designers to grow their skills.
- Students interested in 3D Product Design for rapid prototyping.
- 3D Printer users who want to start 3D Printing their own creations.
- Students who want to learn flexible design skills to 3D Print their ideas into reality.
- Beginner students who want their design ideas to be 3D Printed.
I'm an optimistic futurist who loves to 3D design for 3D Printing. I have been in the 3D printing industry since 2014 and have helped thousands of people learn the super power of 3D print design.
I love creating daily and helping my students boost their creativity. I believe 3D print designers should get paid.
Feel free to signup for any of our classes and our team will help answer any of your questions if you get stuck.