Learning to Brew Your Own Beer with Black Rock Home Brewing
- A love for beer and cider.
- Some brewing ingredients and basic brewing equipment that you will be able to buy from your nearest home brewing store or online.
- An open mind and eagerness to learn fail safe techniques for making the best beer and ciders.
- An eagerness to experiment and impress your friends with what you make.
We show you how to brew your own beer with simple ingredients and inexpensive equipment. We use Black Rock's Concentrated Wort, but you can do it with any concentrated wort you can buy at your local brew shop or online.
Did you know that the best beer is fresh beer?
Most of what you buy and drink at the store or your local brewery is already past its "best to consume date". It is like buying old stale bread. You can eat it, but it isn't terrific?
Did you know that 75 cents in every dollar you pay for beer or cider has nothing to do with the product and everything to do with taxes, levies, distribution and packaging? You think you are buying beer, but the fact is that you are purchasing the right to buy beer. Someone took your beer right out of your mouth!
Did you know that it is as easy to brew beer as it is to grill a sausage or make a cup of tea? Your local brewer doesn't want you to know that! Your government is likely of the same conviction. If you knew how easy it is to make your own good beer, chances are you would already be doing it, and you will be skipping the fees, levies and taxes.
Brewing Your Beer
Here is the payoff. You can make your own beer and cider at home, with simple equipment that you can buy at the local hardware store and ingredients you can get over the internet - the best ingredients in the world!
We guarantee that your beer and cider will taste better than what you can buy at the store or your local craft brewery? If you brew your own beer, not only will it be fresh, taste better and cost you significantly less, it will also make you more popular, better looking, a nicer person, richer, etc....
You get the picture ;-)
For the price of a beer, we will show you how to do it with Black Rock Home Brewing's ingredients. It is the best brewing ingredients in the world! But hey, you can use anyone else ingredients too if you know what you are doing. Let's help you to know what you are doing and welcome to the world of brewing your own beer!
Welcome to our world of beer!
The Two Cowboys, and Fellow Beer Lovers.
- Beginners who would love to learn how to brew their own beer and ciders, affordably.
- Home brewers that would like to advance their understanding and skills for brewing beer and cider.
- All grain brewers that are not impressed with the results they are getting from their brewing.
- Beer lovers that want to drink better beer and cider.
- Beginner home brewers that do not want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on brewing equipment.
- Is it "Craft"!?
- Why Fresh Beer?
- The Black Rock Story
- Black Rock Training 101: Introduction - Brewing with Concentrated Wort
- Black Rock Training 101: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Black Rock Training 101: Fermenting
- Black Rock Training 101: Clarifying
- Black Rock Training 101: Bottling and Bottle Finishing
- Black Rock Training 101: Quality Testing and Measuring Specific Gravity
- Black Rock Training 101: Specialty Brews
- Black Rock Training 201: Lesson 1 - Introduction to Kegging
- Black Rock Training 201: Lesson 2 - Cleaning and Sanitation for Kegging
- Black Rock Training 201: Lesson 3 - Transfer to A Keg
- Black Rock Training 201: Lesson 4 - Options for Carbonating
- Black Rock Training 201: Lesson 5 - Pressure Transfer Between Kegs
- Black Rock Training 201: Supplemental - Introduction to Brewing Recipes
- Black Rock Training 201: Supplemental - Fermenting Options and Equipment
- Black Rock Training 201: Supplemental - Brewing with Unhopped Wort Concentrates
- Black Rock Training 301: Advanced Brewing - Partial Mashing Your Brew
- Black Rock Supplemental: Outperforming Craft Brewers
- Black Rock Recipes
We are the Two Traveling Cowboys that produce entertaining travel-related promotional and educational content. We partner with and promote local, travel and maker-businesses. We feature our people, small businesses, unique products, amazing destinations, worthwhile causes, once-in-lifetime experiences and exciting events.
While we "slow travel" we seek out and share "local knowledge" of where to eat, where to drink, who to meet, where to stay, and what to do to avoid the typical tourist traps. Through our content, we show you the real people behind the unique maker-type businesses, while we give our opinion about their products and destinations.
Please join us as we inform and entertain you with stories on our Blog, Social Media and Video channels. We hope that you will share our experiences with us as an armchair traveller or meet us on the road as we introduce you to the insider's perspective of our places and "our people" through the Udemy online course platform.