Blackmagic Fusion - From Novice to Expert
What you'll learn
- Students will gain a good understanding in the tools and functions of the vsisual effects, motion graphics, and digital compositing application Blackmagic Fusion
- Students will learn how to create visually compelling motion graphics.
- Students will learn how to add visual effects to their videos.
- Learn how to do green screen removal and digital compositing.
- Basic understanding of Windows and how Windows applications work.
- PC: Windows 8,8.1,10 Mac: OS 10.10 yosemite or later
- 8 GB RAM Discrete Graphics card 2 GB RAM
Do you want to learn motion graphics, visual effects, and compositing but felt held back by the cost of software like After Effects? If you answered yes, than I have great news for you.
There is a very powerful application that is used in both the TV and movie industry called Blackmagic Design Fusion. It is made by the same company that makes Davinci Resolve. It has pretty much all of the capabilities of AE but the good news is you can get it for FREE. They have two versions available, one for free download and another studio version which costs $299. The great thing is that most of its best features are available in the free version. Both versions were recently updated and even the paid version is now 1/3 the price is was available for previously.
This course presents some of the basics of the application, but is mainly focused on teaching more intermediate to advanced elements of both Blackmagic Fusion 9 and VFX in general. We will create real world examples that represent what is actually practiced in video production.
Some of what is covered in the course:
- Creating new compositions(Projects) in Fusion 9
- Add visual interest to your videos with Motion Graphics
- Tracking objects and adding text and other elements that follow them
- Keying(Green Screen Removal)
- Stunning Titles and lower thirds
- Learn to create your own video transitions including the popular Light Leaks technique
- Learn how to blur out a persons face or a license plate in a video
Who this course is for:
- People interested in motion graphics and visual effects on a budget.
- Those with some experience in other similar programs like After Effects that want to try a feature rich free alternative.
My name is Eric and I've been a PC technician for the past 12 years. I have a full-time job in the IT field and spend 45 - 50 hours a week fixing the problems with people's PC's which include software and hardware issues. These problem's can vary from getting a virus infection on a personal laptop to a company having issues with their email server. In addition to my day job I also have many interests in various tech related fields that vary from Android phones to 3D graphics to video editing to application development. I am an A+ certified tech and also have an Associates degree in Computer Science.
Check out my website for more info: