Blackberry 10 Native Development using Cascades
- We will guide you through the steps to download and install your environment
- Windows, Linux or Mac OSx machine
Blackberry 10 Development: Learn by making native apps is the most complete Blackberry 10 course on Udemy. Starting from scratch, you will learn how to make stunning apps for this platform.
Looking for a course to start Blackberry Development, you will be pleased with what this course has to offer.
The Curriculum includes:
- Blackberry ID creation
- Environment setup
- Momentic IDE
- Buttons, Text, Images
- Layouts and views
- C++ and QML integration
- Data storage and persistence
- Audio, video and camera
- App submission
We will start with the basics. Setting up you environment, device and simulator and building a simple app.
Then we will see the navigation in an Blackberry app before going to the heavy stuff, namely C++ integration.
We will progress to more advanced features such as data storage, audio & video and device sensors.
You will get plenty of knowledge from this course. Come on and join!
- Introducing BB10 native development05:37
- Request a Blackberry id and Vendor account04:37
- Installing Blackberry Momentics IDE and SDKs06:46
- Install a Blackberry Simulator07:26
- Setup your own device for development04:48
- Your first app: Hello World! and the Application file structure04:24
- QML Fundamentals II: Object names and IDs03:33
- QML Fundamentals III: Signal Handlers04:19
- App: Image Opacity18:32
- ImageOpacity.qml3 pages
- App: BMI Calculator04:43
- App: BMI Calculator II - Implementing Design19:59
- App: BMI Calculator - Design II11:04
- App: BMI Calculator III - Responding to Events16:43
- bmicalculator.qml6 pages
- Bmifunctions.js2 pages
- Navigation Pane11:01
- Tabbed Pane08:50
- App: Updated BMI Calculator00:55
- App: Updated BMI Calculator II06:14
- BmiCalculator.qml8 pages
- Custom components05:34
- Custom Properties06:29
- Custom Signals08:56
- Structure of a Blackberry Native program - C++05:33
- Defining a class - Header file09:23
- Implementing a class: Source file04:45
- Control Structures19:51
- Pass values from C++ to QML07:53
- Access C++ objects from QML14:16
- List view19:56
- Filling List with Database18:34
- Saving to Database08:51
- bar-descriptor.xml: Icons, Splash screens, Permissions, etc08:11
- Packaging your app01:21
- Vendor Portal06:03
Hi! I’m Davenson!
Outside of work, I spent time coding on different platform such as IOS, Android, Linux, etc. I also spend a lot of time on photoshop editing photos and stuff. I have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. Might sound weird to see a electrical engineer spending so much time coding but hey!
In the past few years, I spent a lot of time working on personal, professional and school software projects. It is all about wanting to create amazing stuff that serves a purpose. I got on UDEMY because I realize that many of us with a little help make a difference.