Become a Great Baker #4: Artistic Black Forest Cake Designs
What you'll learn
- Create many kinds of Black Forest Cakes, leveraging exciting, modern and intriguing designs and presentations.
- Advance your baking career by learning a huge variety of important recipes and sophisticated decoration skills.
- Customize the Black Forest Cake recipes to match various tastes.
- Learn professional-level tips and tricks for assembling the Black Forest Cake.
- Learn how to create sophisticated and elegant decorations, such as beautiful chocolate leaves.
- Master one of the most important German cakes, and create unique culinary masterpieces.
- No previous baking or cake decoration experience is necessary.
- Some basic baking utensils such as cake pans and a rolling pin are required.
In this fun and exciting course you're going to master one of the wonders of German baking: the Black Forest Cake. You're going to learn everything there is to know about the classic recipes and presentation, and then take it to the next level with show-stopping artistic designs!
Invented in 1934, the Black Forest Cake recipe and presentation are fairly traditional. Developed by award-winning pastry chef Irit Ishai, this course is your ultimate step-by-step guide to creating 3 amazing modern designs for this classic cake: a festive and elegant Holidays Design, a colorful and cheerful Birthday Design, and a clean and elegant Classic Design.
In the course you’ll learn how to make all of the recipes and decorations from scratch using inexpensive tools and fairly simple techniques. Explore the best and most effective methods of making the traditional cake recipes, such as chocolate sponge cake, cherry compote, chocolate ganache and whipped cream filling. Discover secrets and tricks that will help you to assemble the layers of the cake inside a cake ring, just like professional bakers.
Master the art of making sophisticated decorations such as artistic chocolate leaves, and use them to decorate your cakes and desserts. Create multiple elegant and modern presentations for this traditional cake, using the decorations you'll make and other edible elements!
Along the way you'll learn many tips and tricks that are only discovered through many years of pro-level work. You'll also get an in-depth bonus tutorial about chocolate tempering (both manual and using tempering machines). Many of the recipes and techniques you'll master in this course are extremely useful, and you'll be able to leverage them while making other baking and pastry projects.
Join me in this course, and I'll do my best to take you one step further in your journey to become a great baker!
Founder and Instructor
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in a serious baking and cake decoration career.
- Beginner bakers who want to bake amazing Black Forest Cakes.
- Intermediate bakers who want to learn important recipes and sophisticated decoration skills.
- Bakery and pastry shop owners who want to add fantastic cakes and personal desserts to their offering.
- Professional pastry chefs who want to add sophisticated plated desserts to their menus.
- Anyone who loves the Black Forest Cake and would like to be able to make it at home.
CakeNuvo provides high-end online video classes in cake decoration and baking art, guiding students step by step through their journey in the art of cake design, and encouraging them to unleash their imagination and creativity. Starting from basic methods and reaching the most intricate and awe-inspiring designs, every online class provides students with detailed and structured demonstrations, and is packed full with unique techniques and battle-tested tips and tricks, which can only be learned through real-life experience.
CakeNuvo’s classes are exciting to watch, and address the needs of enthusiasts and pros alike. We believe that almost everyone can learn cake design! Our focus is on helping you to create stunning cakes, desserts and other baked creations, and we provide you techniques and tools to do this in an easy and consistent fashion. We make sure to break down even the hardest tasks to simple and achievable objectives, and hold your hand and guide you to make sure that the end result is beautiful and awe inspiring!